Positive displacement blower for industrial high vacuum technology. Aerzen vacuum blowers with hermetically sealed drive (HM) are designed for conveying neutral and aggressive gases and are used in industrial high vacuum technology. Convincing efficiencies and high reliability characterise this series.
With 10 sizes of type HM, AERZEN also covers the theoretical intake volume flow from 406 m³/h to 15,570 m³/h. The advantages at a glance:
- Optimal selection possibilities by 4 motor variants
- High mechanical strength (up to 230 mbar in case of HM) und consequently considerable reduction of pumping down times
- Low water, nitrogen consumption
- Suitable for application under clean room conditions
- Large control range by means of frequency converter with proven parameters tuned to the Aerzen vacuum pumps
- Vertical and horizontal direction of flow possible
- Type of Technology: Positive Displacement Blowers
- Volume Flow: 238.972 to 9,164.502 CFM
- Medium: Air, Neutral Gases, Aggressive Gases
- Conveying: Oil-Free
- Final Vacuum: 1.45038×10^-7 psi
The Reason Why Manufacturing Processes are Optimised by a High Delta P.
AERZEN Vacuum pumps with HM drive significantly reduce pump down time, which leads to an increase of the output ratio in production. This is a big step towards process optimisation.
Design and Construction
AERZEN vacuum blowers are provided with O-ring seals at the casing flanges. Further important advantages of the blower stage are vacuum tightness and air cooling. Lubrication oil is supplied by splash lubrication. Mineral oil can be used as a lubricant, as well as the PFPE oil, generally used in semiconductor technology. The canned motor blowers are equipped with a special rectangular ring-labyrinth-seal between the conveying chamber and the bearing chamber. Additionally, an amply dimensioned neutral chamber with condensate channels is installed. Optionally, the neutral chamber can be purged with seal gas, in order to achieve an increased sealing effect. The integrated canned motor ensures the sealing of the drive shaft. A shaft passage to atmosphere can therefore be omitted, making it technically possible to achieve significantly higher rotation speeds.
Neutral or Aggressive Gases? Aerzen Offers Solutions for Both!
AERZEN blowers with canned drive are designed for the conveyance of neutral (HM version) and aggressive (CM version) gases and are especially used in the industrial high-vacuum technology. Canned motor blowers always work in combination with a backing pump*.
This backing pump starts operating at atmosphere. The canned motor blower is connected typically at approx. 50 to 200 mbar and the pump down process begins. Depending on the application, liquid ring pumps, sliding vane rotary vacuum pumps, screw vacuum pumps or blowers are used as the backing pump. When supplied with AERZEN frequency converters and special parameter sets, operation with the backing pump starting from atmospheric pressure is also possible.
- Semiconductor industry
- Production of flat screens
- Laser technology
- Solar technology
- Helium leak indicating units
- Chemical process technology
- Foil and glass coating
- Manufacture of melting furnaces
- Evacuation of hydrogen
*An additional backing pump (HM drive) is always required when using an AERZEN vacuum blower with canned drive.