From Mass Spectrometry
The Agilent 7000B Quadrupole GC/MS/MS is the latest addition to Agilent’s MS portfolio. Scientists performing “target compound analysis” in SIM mode on complex samples will find many ways to use its increased selectivity and sensitivity. MS/MS reduces sample prep, shortens analysis cycles, eliminates false results, and simplifies data review for improved productivity. Based upon time-tested MSD components, the 7000B sets a higher standard for robust GC/MS/MS operation. The entire system and analysis process are supported by MassHunter software, which is designed to make MS analyses easier—from tuning to final report.
The entire system and analysis process are supported by MassHunter software, which is designed to make MS analyses easier—from tuning to final report.
- High sensitivity EI source and ramped-iris for the detector improve sensitivity across the entire mass range (installation specification: S/N > 500:1 for 100 fg OFN)
- Industry leading MRM speed at 500 transitions per second with a minimum dwell time of 1 msec and zero cross-talk
- A high pressure, linear collision cell with “Helium Quench Gas” to reduce neutral noise from metastable helium atoms
- Proprietary hyperbolic quadrupole enhances performance up to 1050 u; the unique stability of the quartz monolith allows the analyzer to be heated to 200?C to eliminate contamination commonly seen with metal quadrupoles operated at lower temperatures
- High-performance chromatography provided by the Agilent 7890A GC
- Integrated Capillary Flow Technology provides reduced source maintenance, shorter analysis cycle times, and increased column lifetime
- Small laboratory bench footprint: the mass spectrometer is only 14 inches (35 cm) wide
- Inert ion source—programmable up to 350?C—delivers enhanced response for active compounds and late eluters
- Electron Impact (EI) and Chemical Ionization (PCI and NCI) sources available
- Triple-Axis HED-EM Detector provides lower neutral noise Differentially pumped vacuum system with a single mechanical roughing pump
- Productivity features such as Agilent Autotune, Batch-at-a-Glance data review, and parameter-less integrator
- Safe operation with hydrogen carrier gas