Air Jet Air Proximity Sensors
The air proximity sensor is a non-contact, no-moving-part sensor, capable of detecting the presence of an object at ranges up to 1/8'. In the absence of an object, air flows freely from the sensor resulting in a near zero output signal. The presence of an object within the sensing range deflects the normal air flow and results in a positive output signal.
At low supply pressure, flow from the sensor exerts only minute force on the object being sensed and is consequently appropriate for use where the object is lightweight, or easily marred by mechanical sensors. Since there are no moving mechanical parts in the air proximity sensor, there are no inherent wear mechanisms or life limitations. In this regard, the sensor is not cycle dependent and is particularly appropriate for applications requiring large numbers of cycles. Also, the air proximity sensor is inherently explosion-proof and self-purging. Consequently, it is suitable for many adverse environments.
- Supply Pressure: Up to 10 psig.
- Supply Flow:
- 0.5 scfm @ 1 psig
- 2.3 scfm @ 10 psig
- Output Signal Pressure: See Output Pressure vs. Range Curves. Generally used to trigger air/air amplifier or air/electric switch.
- Response Time: 1 millisecond (measured at sensor output).
- Sensing Range: See Output Pressure vs.
- Range Curves. Nominal maximum range is 1/8 inch.
- Materials of Construction:
- Body – Stainless Steel
- Connectors – Brass, Delrin
- Tubing – Polyurethane
- Air Supply Requirements: Dry air filtered to 1 micron.
- High Speed Part Sensing: Rapid response time of sensor.
- Manufactured Parts: Counting, Gaging, Position, Presence.
- Containers and Packages: Counting, Motion, Presence.
- Die Protection: Part or Stock Presence and Position.
- Machine Control: Cam Position, Part Position, Stock Position.
- Paper, Film, Textile Sensing: Splice, Edge, Double Thickness Detection.