Air Sampler - Model MAS-100 - EM Science Microbiological
From Air Sampler
The MAS-100 is a high-performance instrument that is based on the principle of the Andersen air sampler , which aspirates air through a perforated plate. The resultant airflow is directed onto a standard agar poured plate. After the collection cycle, the Petri dish is incubated and the colonies are counted. The MAS-100 operates with a high-performance suction device, and the aspirated volume is continuously monitored. The system measures the inflow of air and regulates the aspirated volume to a constant value of 100 liters per minute. The MAS-100 automatically regulates this volume if there are external factors preventing a steady flow of air, or if overfilled Petri dishes are blocking or impeding flow. For measurement in pharmaceutical industry the recommended sampling volume – according to international guidelines – should be 1000 liters.
- Samples up to 45,000 liters of air or 7.5 hours before battery needs to be recharged
- This model offers a built-in anemometer compensates for different sampling heads, changes in temperature/pressure, and variably filled petri dishes
- Collection volumes of 50, 100, 250, 500, and 1000 liters are preset for selection and can be deactivated or reactivated as needed. A specific volume between 0 and 2000 liters can also be selected.
- Airflow: 100 L/min
- Height: 26 cm (10 1/4')
- Diameter: 11 cm (41 1/32')
- Diameter of Sampling Head: 10 cm (4')
- Weight: 2.2 kg (4.8 lbs)