AirSense - Model PEN3 - Portable Electronic Nose
PEN3 is the essential electronic nose for food and pharmaceutical industries (quality control purposes as well as for environmental monitoring (recognition of emission sources). It is a small, fast and robust identification system for gases and gas mixtures. Gas detection is performed with an array of gas sensors. Single compounds or mixtures of gases can be identified after a training step by using the pattern generated by the sensors.
Intelligent chemical sensor for identification of gases and vapours
PEN3 is based on a metal-oxide gas sensor array in a small measurement chamber.
Using a specific dilution technique protects the system from overloading with substances, which extended the life time of the sensors and the cycle times are shortened. By this gas-flow control to stabilize the pattern under varying concentrations and analytical conditions is possible.
Individual gases or gas mixtures are classified by their pattern and after a workout recognized. In this case, the unit provides a quick and simple quantitative answer as good or bad, yes or no ... .
Even qualitative answers can be given by training and comparison with the database. With its variety of pattern recognition algorithms allows the system to a broad range of applications - both in the laboratory, and industrial - are applied.
- dosage of spices in food production
- supervision of industrial cleaning processes,
- fermentation processes
- dosage of artificial odour in natural gas
- production of polymer packaging material for food industry
- frying or roast process control
Rancidity of oils, freshness of food, off odour in packaging materials, residual solvents in polymers, degradation of flavours, off odour in medicine, characterization of resins or aroma in beverages
Environmental & Safety Control
Odour in waste water purification plants or in compost plants (correlation with olfactometry), supervision of filters, solvents at workplace atmosphere, smouldering fires, identification of bacteria, leakage control or combustion emissions
The Instruments Division of our company is engaged in saling worldwide products for environmental control.
We support clients through our sale offices located in the major italian cities, and we provide trainings for users.
- Sensitive intelligent sensors
- Portable instrument with integrated display
- Small, fast, flexible and robust
- On-line sampling technique
- Integrated dilution control
- Works with computer or in standalone mode
- Data logger and off-line analysis
- Sensor technology: hot sensors, working temperature 350°C … 500°C
- Sensor array: 10 different metal oxides single thick film sensors, optional adapted to application
- Sensors response time: typical: less than 1 second
- Inlet Sampler: special fluidic connector
- Sample flow: adjustable, 10ml/min to 400ml/min
- Flow system: internal pumps, internal sample dilution system
- Measurement time: depending on the application from 4 seconds to some minutes typical: 1 minute (20s measurements, 40s zero gas)
- Sensitivity: LOD 0.1 to 5ppm for gases and organic solvents, e.g. 0.1ppm H2S
- Display: graphical display
- Dimension: 255 x 190 x 92 mm
- Weight: 2.1 kg
- Temperature: typical: 0°C to 45°C
- Humidity (relative): 5 % to 95 %, non-condensing
- Main power: Power supply: 110 to 230VAC; max 30W or 12VDC (optional)
- Computer interface: USB port or serial RS-232 (optional)
- Operating system Software:
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
- WinMuster for data collection, evaluation and analysis,
- Algorithm for analyse: Euclid, Correlation, Mahalanobis, DFA, PCA, LDA and PLS
- Trap & Desorption Unit EDU Headspace-Autosampler
- Compliant to EN292 Part1 & 2, EN294, EN61010-1, EN1050, EN60204-1, EN 55011 G1 CB, EN50270, EN61326 EN50270, EN61326
- 12 months