Albany - Model GE – 3.1 - Certified Fire/Foam Pumps
From External Gear Pump
Albany is a market leader in the field of foam concentrate pumps, which is why we have created a sturdy range of GE fire/foam pumps. A popular choice for many years in the Fire industry, all models are NFPA20 compliant with certain models also VdS certified. Designed for fixed and vehicle applications, GE style pumps can be supplied and mounted on a baseplate and driven by a prime mover such as an electric motor or a diesel engine. For the ultimate in safety, we offer pumps directly coupled to a Pelton (water) wheel. The latter are popular in offshore and refinery applications.
Our VdS approved GE pump range can be supplied for use in stationary water extinguishing systems. Allowing for a high level of customisation, all of our pumps can be made to fit the exacting needs of your industry. Browse our website, build your own pump, or contact our experienced technical support team to help you find the ideal solution for your needs.
- Foam concentrated injection/foam transfer pumps
- VdS approved models
- Increasing preference for the water turbine drives, covered with Albany's Pelton units
- 1.2 viscosity range, 3 cps to 2000 cps can be accommodated for
- Meets the QA documentation requirements of the oil and gas industry
Our GE range of pumps are well suited to foam and water cargo, meant for an end use of Fire safety. This style of pump is often found used for Fire and Oil & Gas market applications.
With what used to be our AP and HD ranges, the GA range of pumps is available with a variety of specification options, a few of which are:
- Pump casing: can be made in gunmetal with cast iron and stainless steel 316 options
- Flanges: ASA or DIN standards, screwed BSP (female) branches, with NPT also available to choose
- Rotors: an offering of phosphor bronze or stainless steel
- Shafts: stainless steel 316 with hard coatings
- Bearings: lubricated bush bearings
- Shaft sealing: availability for lip seals, mechanical seals and packed glands. Internal pressure relief system also reduces the pressure in the seal area
- Reversible: the flow can be reversed