The GERSTEL Thermal Desorption System provides unmatched performance for a wide range of applications. Thermal desorption tubes are heated fully and directly, from the sorbent/sample area all the way to the end of the tube, ensuring complete transfer from the thermal desorption tube to the focusing trap with no carryover.
GERSTEL’s CIS focusing trap is a unique, forward-flushed trap with no valves or transfer lines that can get fouled up and are expensive to replace. The trap can be cooled using LN2 to achieve non-selective focusing at low temperatures, or Peltier based cooling combined with sorbents may be used for analysis of target compounds at higher temperatures. This makes GERSTEL thermal desorption ideal for both targeted analysis and for non-targeted, exploratory work. The CIS focusing trap may also be quickly converted to liquid injection for method validation and troubleshooting.
The GERSTEL TDU and TD 3.5+ use the GERSTEL MPS series of autosamplers, which can be configured for only thermal desorption work or expanded as a platform that includes automated dynamic headspace, headspace (HS), solid phase microextraction (SPME), pyrolysis, and other techniques – the widest range of sample introduction tools for gas chromatography available today. MPS autosamplers can also be used to spike thermal desorption tubes with standards or more involved sample prep steps. Robotic technology provides flexibility and improved precision and accuracy.
All techniques – not only thermal desorption but HS, SPME, dynamic headspace, and the others too – are supported by GERSTEL’s decades-long experience with sample preparation in the environmental, material emissions, and food/flavor/fragrance application areas. Not matter what technique you use on a GERSTEL platform, it is supported by a team of application experts with years of experience in each technique, and for the life of the instrument.
- Platform Approach: provides more options for sample introduction and automation than any other system
- Rugged and Reliable: No valves or long transfer lines to foul up or replace
- No Carryover: Direct interface eliminates carry over issues found when using valves and transfer lines
- Easy method development: GERSTEL's CIS based trap does not require different trapping materials for different compound classes
- Compatibility with ISO, ASTM, and other standard methods used in material emissions and other industries
- Optional 21 CFR part 11 Compliance