Algiz XRW - Rugged Notebook Computer for Outdoor Conditions
From Tablets & Notebooks
The Algiz XRW represents a revolutionary step in mobile computing. This ultra-rugged notebook combines unprecedented performance in the field with a slim, lightweight and compact design which is unique to the market. First of all, the Algiz XRW delivers the productivity you need. It has a full keyboard and a 10.1-inch touchscreen with MaxView™ screen technology. It comes with a fast and powerful 1.6 GHz Dual Core Intel Atom™ processor. It includes a 128 GB solid state disk and 4 GB of DDR3 RAM and runs Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, just like the PCs in the office, but you can do your work in the field under almost any conditions.
This powerful performer offers ultra-rugged toughness. The “XRW” stands for “eXtreme Road Warrior,” and this device lives up to its name. Its keyboard and mouse-touchpad, illuminated by two led lights, are fully sealed, and it carries an overall IP65 rating against sand, dust and water. It meets stringent MIL-STD-810G military standards for withstanding humidity, vibration, drops and extreme temperatures. This rugged computing tool, with its take-it-anywhere functionality comes in an impressively portable package. The compact, slim Algiz XRW weighs in at only 1.6 kg.
Once you’re in the field, the Algiz XRW presents an array of mobile capabilities. It has integrated GPS functionality, BT for short-range wireless connection to other equipment, and 802.11 b/g/n WLAN if you have a local network you’d like to sync with. An optional 3G modem can provide high-speed GSM/UMTS/EVDO data transmission. The Algiz XRW comes with optional Gobi™ 3000 technology – which means you’ll be able to work on your choice of wireless frequency anywhere in the world. And you can put in a full day’s work, with a 57.72Wh battery.
The Algiz XRW features a built-in 2-megapixel autofocus camera that allows video conferencing in the field. And viewing information on the 10.1-inch screen is easy under any conditions with the unique MaxView technology that provides spectacular visibility even in direct-sunlight conditions. You can quickly back up field data using an SD card in the provided slot, and you can choose from multiple connectivity options using two USB 2.0 ports and one RS232. And the Algiz XRW offers an optional Kensington lock for in-the-field security.
With a rugged tool as advanced as the Algiz XRW, you won’t sacrifice performance when you head out into the field.
- Size : 260 x 178 x 40 mm (10.2” x 7.0” x 1.6”)
- Weight : 1.6 Kilo (3.5 lb)
- Processor : Intel® Atom™ N2600 1.6 GHz Dual Core
- Memory/Disk : 4 GB RAM/128 GB solid state disk
- Data Security : TPM chipset
- Operating System : Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
- Screen : 10.1” touchscreen 1366x768 resolution LED high brightness, MaxView™ Technology
- Keyboard : Keyboard with touch pad. English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Nordic language options.
- Keyboard illuminated by 2 LEDs
- Battery : 1 x Battery, 5200 mAh (57.72 Wh)
- Navigation : Integrated u-blox® GPS, WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS-capable
- Camera : 2 Megapixel Camera with auto focus
- Connections :
- 2 x USB 2.0 port
- 1 x 9-pin serial RS-232 port
- 1 x DC power input
- 1 x SD Slot, SDXC
- 1 x VGA
- 1 x RJ45 for Ethernet 10/100/1000 LAN
- Docking Connector (Contact Pin Type)
- Dual Speaker/Mic
- Microphone input jack
- Headset Jack
- Receiver (Audio In)
- Audio : Speaker /MIC
- PAN : BT v2.0 + EDR
- Cellular (WWAN) :
- WWAN (Optional) Gobi™ 3000-ready, supporting the following RF bands:
- HSPA+ 850/900/1900/2100/AWS MHz
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE – 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- CDMA EVDO Rev. A – 800/1900 MHz
- Wireless LAN : 802.11 b/g/n supports WEP, WPA, WPA2
- Operating : -33 °C to 63 °C (-27.4 °F to 145.4 °F)
- MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5 Procedure II,
- MIL-STD-810G, Method 502.5 Procedure II
- Storage : -40 °C to 71 °C (-40 °F to 159.8 °F)
- MIL-STD-810G, Method 501.5 Procedure I,
- MIL-STD-810G, Method 502.5 Procedure I, III
- Drop : 26 drops from 1.22 m (4 ft), Free to Concrete.
- MIL-STD-810G, Method 516.6 Procedure IV
- Vibration : MIL-STD-810G, Method 514.6 Procedures I, II
- Sand & Dust : IP65, IEC60529
- Water : IP65, IEC60529
- Humidity : MIL-STD-810G, Method 507.5, 95% RH temp cycle 30 °C/60 °C
- Altitude : 4572 m (15.000 ft) at at 30 °C (86 °F)