Genesol - Model 40 - Alkaline Cleaner
From Membrane Cleaners
Genesol 40 has been developed as a general-purpose membrane cleaner effective against organic based foulants typically found in Reverse Osmosis and Nano-filtration membrane systems. Genesol 40 has been approved for use in drinking water applications.
- Suitable for use in Reverse Osmosis (RO) and Nano-Filtration (NF) membranes
- Effective against a wide range of organic foulants
- Approved for use in drinking water applications (UKDWI)
- Liquid product, easy to use
- Efficacy against clay and colloidal silica fouling
- NSF listed
Genesol 40 is highly effective when used as a 2-3% solution at the highest pH recommended by the membrane manufacturer. The cleaning solution should be alternately soaked and recycled through the membrane system for at least 4-6 hours. Working with enhanced temperature will also improve the cleaning performance. After cleaning, the membrane system should be thoroughly flushed out, until the pH of the feed and the discharge ends of the system are the same. Cleaning solutions using Genesol 40 have a tendency to foam.
Genesol 40 can be diluted and is fully miscible with water in all proportions.
Genesol 40 is an aqueous blend of mixed cleaners, including a surfactant, fully biodegradable sequestrant and inorganic phosphate. It is compatible with carbon steel and commonly used materials of construction.
A material safety data sheet is available on request.
- CHIP: Corrosive - UN: Corrosive
- Available in 25 kg kegs, 240 kg drums and 1,200 kg IBCs.
- The shelf life is 2 years under normal storage conditions.
- Appearance: pale liquid
- pH as supplied: > 13.0
- Specific gravity: 1.12 - 1.24
- Freezing point: < -0°C