Ameridisc - High Performance Disc Couplings
From Disc Couplings
The Ameridisc disc coupling was developed using advanced Finite Element Analysis with strain-gage verification in the Ameridrives Test Facility. The result was a coupling with an optimized disc profile that is power dense with a large bore capacity and low reaction loads. A proprietary disc coating is used to help prevent fretting and corrosion further improving coupling performance.
- Over 140 kNm; 1,240,000 in.lb.
- Industry leader in power density
- Best for reduced moment applications Multi-scalloped,optimized disc profile results in even stress distribution.
- Proprietary disc coating to prevent fretting and corrosion. Custom pack fasteners allow for an optimized bolted connection.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on all components including discs.
- Complete static and dynamic strain gage verification of FEA in Ameridrives Research and Development Laboratory.
- Designed for API-671 and ISO 10441 and ATEX compliance. Industry leader in power density and bore capacity.
- No lubrication for maintenance free operation.
- Discs available in 301 Stainless Steel,Inconel and Monel.
- Designed to operate at full ratings simultaneously.
- Black oxided,heat treated,alloy steel torque transmitting components are standard.
- Improved dynamic balance. Low bending and axial reaction loads.
- Marine style and reduced moment designs available.
- Capable of being torsionally tuned to suit specific machinery requirements.
- Available in 6,8,and 10 bolt arrangements for various torque and misalignment conditions.
- Customized interface designs are available for unique applications.
- Co-planar designs available for increased momentary torque overload protection.