AMETEK Land - Model 4200+ - Non-Compliance Opacity and Dust Monitor
Dust and opacity monitor, designed for measuring dust emission concentrations in combustion applications where automatic calibration checks are not required. The 4200+ is the most accurate and reliable monitor available for dust and opacity measurements in combustion applications not requiring automatic calibration checks and regulatory compliance. Optimised for multi-process plants using common exhaust stack sizes, 4200+ delivers you immediate performance and cost benefits through easy installation, simple operation and low maintenance requirements.
A highly homogenous green LED light source, glass multi-prism retro-reflector and flood LED minimise sensitivity to changes in alignment and ambient temperature: this ensures low optical and electronic drift, giving the exceptionally accurate, stable measurement you need.
Ideal for combustion applications where an automatic calibration check is not required, the 4200+ is suitable for use power generation, industrial boilers and pulp & paper industries.
A Trusted Combustion Measurement
The 4200+ accurately measures dust and opacity levels across key combustion processes, including electricity generating units, industrial boilers, furnaces, kilns and dust collectors.
Lightweight and compact, the 4200+ is designed to operate easily, with no moving parts to ensure high reliability. The menu tree is intuitive, using text and icon prompts. A manual calibration check can be performed while the process is running.
Wide Operating Temperature Range
Suitable for monitoring dust and opacity across an extensive range of combustion processes, the 4200+ operates from -40 °C to 55 °C (-40 °F to 131 °F). This brings unprecedented flexibility to a wide variety of applications.
The 4200+ is AMETEK Land’s advanced, compact monitor for opacity and dust in non-compliance applications.
4500 MkIII is recommended for measurements requiring automatic zero and upscale checks, as specified by ASTM D6216 and US EPA Performance Specification 1.
- Lifetime warranty on LED light source
- No continuously moving parts
- Patented all-glass multi-prism retroreflector
- Patented flood LED
- Wide operating temperature range
- Green LED light source
- No need to replace the light source
- Highest reliability
- Lowest possible drift
- Maximum thermal stability
- Operation -40°C to 55°C (-40°F to 131 °F) is standard
- Matches sensitivity of the human eye for comparison with Ringelmann measurements
Combining the unique features of three patented technologies, the 4200+ achieves the highest possible specification for the fundamental performance parameters for an opacity monitor, with no moving parts.
The Model 4200+ uses a highly homogenous advanced LED light source. A glass multi-prism retro-reflector reduces the effects of misalignment on the measured opacity, thereby achieving the lowest possible detection limit.
The flood LED minimizes temperature drift. Collectively these features provide the highest level of stability and lowest level of optical and electronic drift available.
The patented dual LED technology of the Model 4200 has proven itself worldwide as stable, reliable and trouble free. The lightweight and compact design makes it ideal for a wide range of applications. Simple installation, low maintenance and ease of operation ensure immediate results - vital where performance, cost and compliance benefits are of high priority.
Particulate measurements are displayed in % opacity or mg/m3. Easy access is provided to all instrument functions, through a removable cover on the Transceiver. All Setup, Calibration, Diagnostics and Alarms settings can be adjusted - to ensure optimum instrument performance.
- Measuring Technique: Double pass transmissometry
- Operating Wavelength: 520 ± 20 nm
- Light Source: Pulsed High Intensity LED
- Measurement Range: Opacity 0-10 % to 0-100 % ; Optical Density 0 - 0.1 to 0-3.0 ; Dust Density 0-20 to 0-1000 mg/m3 (at 5 m pathlength)
- Calibration Error: 1.5 % opacity
- Thermal Stability: 0.6 % opacity / 22 °C ambient change
- Angle of Projection: < 3 °
- Angle of View: < 3 °
- Response Time: ≤10 s to 95 %
- Averaging: Selectable from 10 s to 24 hr (1 s increment)
- Pathlength: 0.5 to 10 m / 20 in to 32 ft (extended)
- Control Panel Display: 128 x 64 pixel relective backlit LCD
- Control Panel Keypad: 4 keys for data input
- Control Panel Indicators: Power, System OK, Alarm, Calibration
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 55 °C / -40 to 131 °F
- Max. Flue Gas Temperature: 600 °C / 1112 °F
- Max. Flange Temperature: 200 °C / 392 °F
- Electrical Safety: IEC / EN 61010-2
- EMC: EN 50 081 & EN50 082
- Sealing: IP65 / NEMA4X
- Modbus Interface: RS485; Opacity, Optical Density, Dust Density and Status information available
- Analog Outputs: Isolated 4 to 20 mA Configurable as Opacity, Optical Density, Dust Density
- Relay Outputs: System OK, Calibration, Alarm
- Relay Rating: 1 A @ 24 Vdc
- Power Supply: 24 Vdc nominal (18 to 30 Vdc), 0.3 A nominal (3 A startup)
- Transceiver Dimensions (H x W x D): 191 x 291 x 413 mm / 7.5 x 7.9 x 16.3 in
- Retro-reflector Dimensions (H x W x D): 101 x 201 x 237 mm / 7.5 x 7.9 x 9.3 in
- Transceiver Weight: 6 kg / 13.2 lbs.
- Retro-reflector Weight : 3 kg / 6.6 lbs.
- Enclosure: Cast Aluminium, epoxy coated
The 4200+ can be used to measure dust and opacity in all combustion processes
- Electricity Generating Units
- Industrial Boilers
- Process Heaters
- Dust Collectors