AMETEK Land - Model Cyclops L Series - Portable Non-Contact Pyrometers
Cyclops L Portable pyrometers are a range of premium quality, highly accurate hand-held instruments. Ergonomic single-handed use non-contact thermometers, provide easy, accurate point-and-measure temperature readings.
Easy to handle, simple to operate, Cyclops L portable non-contact pyrometers provide precise temperature measurements. Easily take measurements in multiple locations and verify on-line pyrometer readings. Durable, yet light weight construction means you can operate it for hours at a time without fatigue.
Designed for single-handed use, Cyclops L’s high-resolution lens sighting and an ergonomic one-handed use design, make it simple for you to take safe, accurate temperature readings in hostile environments where you will have a spare hand to steady yourself.
With four, trigger-controlled data-logging modes available, Cyclops L stores up to 9,999 readings internally. Later the recorded data can transferred via Bluetooth or USB to a PC running free Cyclops Logger software to view, analyse the temperature readings.
Several models are available for the specific process challenges of liquid metal, high temperature, medium temperature and furnace applications, Cyclops L provide highly accurate temperature measurements for the glass, hydrocarbon processing, industrial processing and steel industries.
HIGHLY PORTABLE ACCURACY
Cyclops L function for extended periods, with on-board data storage allowing up to 9,999 measurement points to be recorded inside the thermometer. A rugged instrument jacket protects Cyclops L against harsh conditions.
EASY TO OPERATE
Cyclops L range is easy to use – High quality, Through the Lens (TTL) sighting means that you simply look through the eyepiece and focus the lens on the desired target. A small graticule within the view exactly defines the area that's being measured. Then simply pull the trigger. Switch between four modes for data-logging. Temperature readings are displayed within the eyepiece and simultaneously on a second display panel on the instrument's side. This allows a colleague standing next to you to also view the readings. Wireless Bluetooth data transmission further enhances the Cyclops operation.
UNIQUE ROUTE MANAGEMENT
Ideal for regular monitoring of sites with multiple measurement locations and verifying readings of permanently installed pyrometers,. Free to download Cyclops Logger software provides configurable measurement routes for your process, uploadable to your thermometer. Pre-configured settings include emissivity and window correction for each measurement location.
The Cyclops family is the industry leading standard for high quality portable non-contact pyrometers.
Using camera quality Through-The-Lens sighting, what you see is what you measure. The single handed, ergonomic design enables you to make temperature measurements in hostile environments. Hold on to a hand rail and simultaneously take safe and accurate temperature readings. The high quality fully focusable lenses ensure the smallest spot size measurements at any distance. On-board datalogging means accurate measurements are stored directly to the instrument.
Taking a Measurement
All processed temperature values are shown continuously on the display when the trigger is pressed.
- Peak temperature
- Continuous temperature
- Average temperature
- Valley temperature
- Meltmaster temperature - C055L Models only. The Cyclops L range provides fast and simple data logging with onboard storage. Bluetooth® and USB connectivity allow the data to be downloaded periodically to a PC or live streamed to a Mobile device for analysis and trending.
Four trigger operating modes for datalogging are available:
- Single Mode: logs a measurement for each trigger release
- Latch Mode: logs continuous, average, peak and valley readings at a user defined rate
- Burst Mode: logs a stream of measurements while the trigger is pressed - approximately 30 readings / sec
- Route Mode: Precisely execute pre-configured routes for consistent, long-term readings. Available using the standalone instrument or featuring increased functionality with the mobile software
Transfer data to a computer or rugged mobile device running Cyclops Logger software in order to view, analyze and record live temperature readings. All stored measurement data can be displayed on the Measurement screen which combines the current reading, table view and trend view.
The Table View showing Instantaneous, Valley, Average and Peak, plus the unique Meltmaster temperature (on the 055 L model) readings.
The Trend View displays Peak, Instantaneous, Average and Valley temperatures, Logger settings, Route Manager, Background Correction plus Timed Logging (taking measurements at pre-defined intervals between 1 and 60 secs).
When connected to a Cyclops pyrometer, the Logger software records instantaneous temperature measurements each time the pyrometer trigger is pressed.
The Cyclops Logger Software also allows you to manage the unique ROUTE configurations i.e. set up a sequence of measurement points covering your plant or process, ensuring consistent, repeatable data for accurate trending.
Connection between the Cyclops L model pyrometers and the computer can be either wireless (via Bluetooth), or via a USB cable.
1: Menu Controls
Simple, easy to use controls to select required mode from the icon based menu.
2: Multi-Function Display
The bright, backlit external display panel provides an indication of status and configuration of the pyrometer together with four simultaneous live measurement modes.
The panel displays an intuitive, icon-driven, language-free menu system navigated via key pad controls:
- Mode selection
- Window Compensation
- Communication Status
- Battery Status
- Alarm Status
- Standalone Route
Through-The-Lens reflex optical system gives a precise definition of the target spot and a simultaneous backlit display of the user selected temperature mode in the viewfinder. A robust sapphire protection window is provided as standard on the 390L model.
Wireless Bluetooth or USB technology offers datalogging using the Cyclops Logger software to a suitable industrial mobile or laptop/notebook, eliminating safety hazards when using cables.
5: Rugged Casing
The instrument casing allows for extended periods of exposure to harsh environments.
6: Easy Operation
A number of easily set operating modes guarantees easy singlehanded operation even in hazardous conditions.
Solutions for your Application
- Temperature Range: 1000 to 2000 °c/1832 to 3632 °f
- Applications: Ideal for Molten Metals and Foundry applications
- Temperature Range: 550 to 3000 °c/1022 to 5432 °f
- Applications: Steel, Glass, Refractories, Heat Treating, Semi-conductors
- Temperature Range: 200 to 1400 °c/392 to 2552 °f
- Applications: Steel, Heat Treating such as welding, tempering, annealing, and semi-conductors
- Temperature Range: 450 to 1400 °c/842 to 2552 °f
- Applications: Ideal for Reformer and Heater Tubes, Reheat Furnaces
- Standard Bluetooth and USB connectivity - Wireless and USB options for communicating straight to a mobile device or PC
- Rugged instrument casing - can withstand harsh environments for extended periods. Protection against high temperatures as well as bumps and drops
- Calibrated and traceable to National Standards - your guarantee of measurement accuracy
- Built in Route Mode -Methodically execute pre-configured routes to ensure accurate readings and long term data trending
- Logger software – data trending and analysis to identify on-site trends, improve process efficiency or protect assets and prolong their life cycles
- Internal Data Logging up to 9999 readings and 9 routes – Onboard storage for single handed operation without the need for a separate storage device
- Low Temperature (C): 1000
- Low Temperature (F): 1832
- High Temperature (C): 2000
- High Temperature (F): 3632
- Measurement range:
- 1000 to 2000°C/1832 to 3632°F Operating
- Indication: 4-digit LCD in viewfinder; external backlit LCD display
- Measuring modes: Instantaneous, Peak, Valley and advanced MeltMaster processing functions
- Data Storage : Internal storage of up to 9999 readings, including date & time stamp. Also
- 4 ‘routes’ of up to 99 readings per route
- Software: PC and Mobile software for logging, stored data retrieval and route management
- Data logging: Wireless Bluetooth connection or USB connection to PC or Mobile running the new Data Logger software (option)
- Data logging modes: Classic, Historical, Burst and Route
- Optical System: 9° field of view; 1/3° measurement area (180:1 to 98% energy); eyepiece adjustable -3.75 to +2.5 diopters
- Focusing Range: Fixed focus, nominally 5m / 197in from thermometer body datum
- Field of View: Fixed Focus
- Target Size: Parallel 28mm / 1.1in target spot diameter from lens to 5m / 197in
- Spectral response: 0.55µm with advanced spectral filtering
- Emissivity adjustment: 0.10 to 1.20 in 0.01 step graduations
- Response time: 30ms
- Display update time: 0.5s
- Resolution: 1° C/2°F
- Operating temp. range: 0 to 50 °C/32 to 122 °F
- Power requirement: One MN1604/6LR61/PP3 battery or USB
- Output: Bluetooth or USB
- Weight: 0.83kg/1.8lb
- Sealing: IP40
- Standard accessories: Lens cap, protection window/filter, battery, wrist strap, , USB cable, CD with demo PC Logger Software, heat protection jacket
- Optional accessories: Demo Data Logger software pre-loaded onto a mobile phone (supplied); or CD for PC/laptop waterproof carry case, protective lens hood, long eye relief eyepiece, UKAS calibration.
A Range of Standard and Optional Accessories is Available Including:
- Heat resistant jacket is standard on every model; to provide protection against excessive heat and dust
- Waterproof carry case is available as an optional accessory. (Standard with all Premium Kits)
- Long Eye Relief Eyepiece adapter for when you are wearing protective goggles or a hard hat with face shield, e.g. when you cannot directly see through the eyepiece
- Close-up lenses offered for the C100L and C160L models; these allow temperature measurement of small targets at close range