AMETEK Land - Model NIR-B 3XR - HPI - Reformer & Cracker Tube Furnace Thermal Imaging System
An infrared thermal imaging solution offering continuous, short-wavelength, 24/7 temperature monitoring for steam reformer and Ethylene cracker tube furnaces. NIR Borescope (NIR-B) 3XR is a radiometric infrared imaging camera optimised for continuous temperature measurements in steam reformer and cracker tube furnaces. Using the proven technology of AMETEK Land’s advanced NIR thermal imager, NIR-B 3XR offers highly accurate measurements of high temperatures, enabling process control optimisation, energy efficiency savings and prolonging the lifetime of the reformer tubes.
Producing real-time thermal data from 307,200 points across the high-resolution visual image, the imager connects to a PC running dedicated LIPS NIR processing software for accurate data analysis and long-term trending.
By providing a wide temperature measurement range of 600 – 1800 °C (1112 – 3272 oF), NIR-B 3XR provides the hydrocarbon processing industry a highly flexible imaging solution for the unique process conditions of reformer and cracker tube furnaces.
Precision Furnace Control
By using a short wavelength to minimise emissivity errors, accurate, continuous temperature profiling is assured, for maximum furnace control. Uneven heating can be visualised and, during start-up phases, any burners not operating correctly can be clearly identified.
Single, Wide Temperature Range
The single temperature range and wide dynamic range imaging technology are ideal for applications with high-differential temperatures in the field-of-view. High-resolution imaging and a 90° field-of-view allows multiple reformer or cracker tubes to be monitored simultaneously.
Hazardous Area Compliant
The NIR-B 3XR is ATEX and IECEx approved to Ex nA IIC T4 Gc for use in Zone 2 gas atmospheres, and CSA Certified for US and Canada to Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D T4. A three-year warranty guarantees reliability.
- High temperature measurement accuracy - enables optimum process control through enhanced thermal imaging
- Real-time thermal data - combined with high resolution visual image - allows true real-time furnace optimisation and the opportunity to improve energy efficiency without degrading reformer lifetime
- Short wavelength sensor - low sensitivity to emissivity changes
- Dedicated software - data points, areas of interest, automated alarms and long term data trending and system inter-connectivity (DCS, OPC)
- 24 Hour, 7 Day Monitoring - Shutterless operation guarantees accurate, reliable data with no blind time
- Export License Freerapid, hassle-free shipping
- 3 Year Warranty - guarantee of reliability
- Measurement Range: 600 to 1800 °C / 1112 to 3272 °F
- Spectral Response: 0.85 to 1.05 µm
- Frame Rate: 7.5 fps (100M Ethernet)
- Image Pixels: 640 x 480
- Accuracy: 1.0 % Celsius
- Sealing: IP 65 (when connections mated/fitted with caps)
- Repeatability: 1 °C
- Data Out: Digital data over 100M Ethernet (M12, 8 pin)
- Software: Complete Land Image Processing Software (LIPS) package for Windows
- Standard Accessories: Field Connection Box (ExHazloc) and cables (10 m, 25 m or 50 m), software, water cooled/purged mounting and tube
- Field of View (Horizontal): 90°
- Focus Range: 1000 mm to infinity
- Probe Length: 305, 609 or 914 mm (12”, 24” or 36”)
- Probe Diameter: 57 mm (2.24 in.) max.
- Mountings: Choice of 3” ANSI 150 RF Flange & Gasket or PN16 DN80 Flange & Gasket with a 12” standpipe
- 254 x 560 x 717 mm (or 1021 mm or 1326 mm)
- 10” x 22” x 32” (or 44” or 56”)
- Power Rating: 21.6 - 26.4 V dc, 0.6 A
- Weight: < 25 kg (for 609 mm / 24” version)
Hazardous Area Certification EX Borescopes:
- EX NIR-B WG1: Ex nA IIC T4 Gc Tamb=-20 °C to +55 °C (ATEX certificate: CML 15ATEX4086X / IECEx certificate: IECEx CML 15.0042X)
- EX NIR-B WG2: Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D; T4 Tamb=-20 °C to +60 °C (CSA certificate for US and Canada: 70080206)
Field Connection Boxes
- EX FCB 31: Ex nA nC [op-is Ga] IIC T4 Gc Tamb=-25 °C to +54 °C (ATEX certificate: CML 15ATEX4085X)
- EX FCB 32: Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D; T4 Tamb=-25 °C to +50 °C
- (CSA certificate for US and Canada: 70052791)
- Hydrogen Reformer
- Ammonia Production
- Ethylene Cracking Furnaces
- Methanol Production
- Syngas Production