AMETEK PI - Model ta3000 - Gas Analyzers
AMETEK PI - Model ta3000 - Gas AnalyzersTrace Level Gas Monitoring For Bulk Gas, Environmental and Research Laboratory Applications. The Trace Analytical ta3000 series, manufactured by AMETEK Process Instruments, is a family of instruments designed to monitor trace levels of specific impurities in bulk gases, environmental applications and research applications. All ta3000 instruments include a dedicated sample processing system, a single high sensitivity detector, and on-board analysis electronics. There are two models of ta3000. Containing a different detector, each model is used to monitor a different selection of impurities.
The Trace Analytical ta3000F (Flame Ionization Detector) and the ta3000R (Reduction Gas Detector) Gas Analyzers are extremely sensitive from parts per million (ppm) down to low parts per billion (ppb) levels.
This sensitivity combined with the separating power of gas chromatography makes each of these truly unique. Modern user interface features make the ta3000 the analyzer of choice for selective measurements of impurities in air, for pure gas quality control and research and for numerous other gas monitoring applications.
The ta3000 platform includes a dedicated sample processing system, a single high sensitivity detector and on-board data analysis electronics.
- High sensitivity
- Broad detection range
- Cost efficient maintenance and operation
- Best value and performance
- Expandable with multipoint stream selector
Following a tradition of excellence in trace level gas detection, the ta3000 delivers analytical solutions for environmental monitoring, industrial process control and high purity gas monitoring applications.
The ta3000 is equipped with an internal sample processing channel followed by either a Reduction Gas Detector (RGD) or Flame Ionization Detector (FID). The RGD configuration is a worldwide standard for determination of hydrogen and carbon monoxide in air research, environmental samples, process control and bulk gas purification facilities. The RGD is also used as an ambient air monitor for unsaturated hydrocarbons such as isoprene, ethylene or ethylene oxide. The FID configuration is widely used for determination of CO2, methane and non-methane hydrocarbons (NMHC) in ambient air, water headspace, bulk gases or process gas streams.
The ta3000 Gas Analyzer is an isothermal gas chromatograph configured with either a Reduction Gas Detector or Flame Ionization Detector. The chromatographic hardware of the ta3000 is available in several configurations, each of which enables the instrument to perform a highly specialized task.
The RGD has unique characteristics when compared to traditional gas chromatography detectors. Developed and patented by Trace Analytical, the RGD can selectively detect “reducing” compounds. The operating principle of the RGD is based upon the strong absorption of UV light by mercury vapor. As a reducing species passes through a heated mercuric oxide bed in the detector, mercury vapor is released in direct proportion to its concentration in the sample gas.
The FID detector is the most widely used detector in GC. This detector responds to molecules with carbonhydrogen bonds. The gas eluent from the GC column is mixed with hydrogen to support a flame that burns the C-H and forms ions. The ions are collected on a biased electrode and produce an electrical signal. The generated current is proportional to the concentration in the sample.
Extreme sensitivity from parts per million (ppm) down to low parts per billion (ppb) levels and negligible matrix effects from permanent gases are the primary strengths of the ta3000 detectors. This sensitivity combined with the separating power of gas chromatography makes for a truly unique system. Modern user interface features make the ta3000 the analyzer of choice for selective measurements of impurities in air, for pure gas quality control and research and for numerous other gas monitoring applications.
Since the mid-1980s, Trace Analytical products have led the way for effective measurement of impurities in industrial gases and in air research. The ta3000 is designed for continuous operation. Configured for a traditional 19-inch industrial rack installation, its sturdy construction also makes this highly versatile gas analyzer suitable for transport to the field for surveys and spot tests.
The ta3000 Gas Analyzer can also monitor several sampling points when interfaced with the Sigma4000 Multipoint Stream Selector. The onboard microprocessor controls the stream selector, stored calibration parameters and processes data in a variety of formats. Trace Viewer Software formats data, reports, alarm status and stores chromatograms on a local PC. The MGB1000 Micro Gas Blender is a complimentary accessory for low concentrations and analyzer performance validation.
Reduction Gas Detector
- Trace level detection of CO in the atmosphere
- Measurement of dissolved hydrogen in water
- Bulk gas certification
- Monitoring of ethylene in ambient air
- Measuring safe levels of ethylene oxide in air
- Certification of gas purifier efficiency
Flame Ionization Detector
- Trace methane, CO2 and nonmethane hydrocarbons in inert gas streams
- Measurement of hydrocarbons in air
- Hydrocarbons in water headspace
- Monitoring hydrocarbon impurities in Oxygen or CDA
Every Trace Analytical™ ta3000R includes: an on-board electronic pressure regulator, multipoint diaphragm valve, proven chromatography, and Reduction Gas Detector (RGD). Lower detection limits may vary depending on application. Contact AMETEK Process Instruments for information about your specific application. Not all models and applications are listed below.
- Accuracy Greater of ± 10 ppb H2; ± 5 ppb CO; ± 10% of reading
- Range 0 to 3 ppm (Higher is available as an option)
- Response Time Length of analysis is dependant on application.
- Response time is independent of sample concentration.
- Ambient Operating Temperature 50° to 90°F (10° to 32°C)
- Sample Compatibility Specific models available for various applications
- Resolution, Display 0.1 ppb
- Resolution, Communication Ports 0.01 ppb
Carrier Gas Supplies (On-Line Installation)
- Inlet Pressure Range 70 to 90 psig (4.8 to 6.2 bar)
- Inlet Pressure Stability ± 2%, regulator required
- Return Pressure Atmospheric vent is optimal, ± 0.5 psig (± 0.035 bar) maximum
- Flow Rate 20 cc/min minimum, bypass at 50 cc/min
- Temperature 60° to 100°F (16° to 38°C), optimum when maintained ± 3.6°F (± 2°C)
- Maximum Impurity Levels Varies by application, external purifier may be required
- Carrier Gas Nitrogen (typical)
- Carrier Gas Purity 99.99999% (external purifier may be required)
- Sample Inlet 1/16-inch VICI compression
- Carrier 1/16-inch VICI compression
- Sample Vent 1/16-inch VICI compression
- Aux 1/16-inch VICI compression
- Inlet Fitting 1/16 - inch VICI compression fitting
- Flow Rate 20 - 100 sccm minimum
- Inlet Pressure Stability ± 2%, UHP regulator required
- Vent Pressure Atmospheric pressure vent is optimal, ± 0.5 psig (± 0.035 bar) maximum
- Inlet Fitting Sample Gas Inlet (1/16 - inch VICI compression fitting)
- Cylinder Concentration Depends on application
- Blender Recommended AMETEK’s Trace Analytical MGB1000 Micro Gas Blender
- Dimensions 7” H x 16.8” W x 26.5” D (18cm x 43cm x 67cm)
- Weight 35 lb. (15.9 kg)
- Power 100 - 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz; 200 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz