Model AM - Ammonia Media
Puracarb® AM Media is manufactured specifically for the control of ammonia and amines and consists of generally spherical, porous pellets. Composed of carbon, alumina and other binders, Puracarb® AM pellets are impregnated during pellet formation, such that the impregnant is uniformly distributed throughout the pellet volume and is totally available for reaction.
The Chemisorptive Process
The Purafil chemisorptive process shall remove contaminant gases by means of adsorption, absorption and chemical reaction. Gases shall be trapped within the pellet where chemical reactions change the gases into harmless solids, eliminating the possibility of desorption.
Spent PuracarbIE AM Media should be disposed of according to local, state and federal guidelines.
Puracarb® AM Media shall have the following physical properties:
- Moisture Content: 35% Max
- Crush Strength: 35% - 70% Max
- Abrasion: 4.5% Max
- Bulk Density: 45 lbs/ft3 (0.72 g/cc) +5%
- Pellet Diameter: 1/8' (3.175 mm)
Puracarb® AM Media shall meet the following removal capacities by weight:
- Ammonia: 5.8%
- N-methylpyrrolidone: 12.0%
- Triethylamine: 11.9%
- Trimethylamine: 11.9%
- Methylamine: 12.0%
- Dimethlyamine: 12.0%
- For example, 100 pounds (45.36 kg) of Puracarb® AM Media will remove a minimum of 5.8 pounds (2.63 kg) of ammonia.
- Compatible for use in granular media type air filtration systems.
- UL Class 2 pending.
Puracarb® AM Media shall perform effectively under the following conditions and guidelines:
- Temperature: -4°F to 125°F (-20°Cto51°C)
- Humidity: 10 - 95% RH
- Airflow: Puracarb® AM Media shall be effective in commercial and industrial systems with airflows ranging from less than 25 CFM (42.5 rnVhr) to over 100,000 CFM (169,920 rnVhr) and with velocities from 60 to 500 FPM (0.3 to 2.5 m/s).
- Media Performance: Puracarb® AM Media shall be designed for 99.5% min. initial removal efficiency in Purafil systems.
- Media Life: Regular media samples of Puracarb® AM Media shall be taken for projecting remaining media life and providing scheduled maintenance and ensuring performance.