Ammonit - Model Meteo-40 - Meteo Data Logger
From Data Loggers
The Meteo-40 data logger is the heart of your measurement system. The data logger ensures accurate measurements to the high standards required by professional consultants, operators and climate research institutes. The Meteo-40 series is designed for wind and solar resource assessment as well as for monitoring of wind farms and solar power plants. Additionally, Meteo-40 can be implemented in traffic and agricultural meteorology. Meteo-40 data loggers are suitable for all climates and remote regions thanks to well-designed technology and low power consumption. Meteo-40 can easily be integrated in SCADA systems to provide reliable comparative meteorological data. Considering the measurement data recorded by Meteo-40, for example predictions about the annual production can be verified. With its configurable Modbus Register Map, Meteo-40 is designed for operation in most existing SCADA system.
Meteo-40 offers up to 2 GB memory recording of complete 1-second original measurement data (for approximately 1 year with typical number of sensors), high resolution (16 bit and 8 Hz), analog channels with a choice of various input ranges to choose from, a digital channel for smart sensors, 3 USB-slots for PC, modem and adapter connections (GSM / GPRS / CDMA / WiFi / Ethernet / memory stick / RS-485). Meteo-40 is available in three configurations Meteo-40L (large) with 35 channels, Meteo-40M (medium) with 22 channels and Meteo-40S (small) with 11 channels.
Ammonit data loggers are the core of each wind and solar measuring station. Our self-contained measuring systems are reliably powered by a 50W solar panel. Storage in a CE-certified steel cabinet protects the data logger against weather and condensation damage as well as theft and vandalism. Several optional components may be included, such as a remote communication module, a barometric pressure sensor, a battery and overvoltage protection. The data transfer between PC and logger can be performed via HTTPS, FTP, SCP connection, email, satellite or direct interface.
Application / Outdoors:
- Data logger applications: wind and solar site assessment, wind farm and solar power plant monitoring, climate research, traffic and agricultural meteorology
- Meteo-40 is available in three configurations: Meteo-40S (small), Meteo-40M (medium) & Meteo-40L (large)
- Suitable for all climates and the remotest regions
- Self-contained, low maintenance & high performance
- Designed for the toughest real-world conditions and tested in independent laboratories
- Low power consumption, runs on 50W solar panels
- Up to 2 GB memory: recording of complete 1 sec. original measurement data (approx. 1 year - typical number of sensors)
- Additional storage of aggregate data (min. 3 years)
- Many channels (11, 22 or 35), differential measurement
- High resolution (16bit, 8Hz): symmetric, differential analog channels with various input ranges to choose from (± 0.1V, ± 1V, ± 10V)
- High sensitivity analog input, e.g., temperature sensor Pt1000
- Digital channel for smart sensors such as the Thies TMR vane, no mechanical wear, higher precision
- Counter channel with AC input support a combination of high quality Thies sensors with cheaper sensors, e.g. NRG sensor w/o adapter
- Data communication and data exchange via HTTPS, FTP, SCP connection and email
- Modem: GSM, CDMA, GPRS, RS-485; 3 USB slots for PC-connections; Adapter: WiFi, Ethernet; LAN, WLAN or memory stick
- Compatibility with SCADA systems
- Easy connection to computer via LAN, USB or remote via the internet
Flexibility / Convenience:
- Integrated Linux system for maximum flexibility and adaptability
- Web-based access without the need for additional software
- User-friendly web interface and large LC display
- Multi-lingual configuration; Meteo-40 settings can be adjusted to a language of your choice, currently English, Spanish, German, French.
- Online help