Amphibex - Model 1000 - Excavator System for Shore Lines and Marine Environments
Conceived for large scale projects, the Amphibex 1000 is renowned by its immense capacity for dredging. Excellent for pumping, it also stands out with superior excavation depth. Its great power allows it to meet the needs of the most demanding production. Its size does not affect its agility and versatility. The amphibious excavator is able to perform a variety of work on the shore line and other marine environments. Regardless of the work involved, budgets and work schedules, even the most complex, will be better met with the Amphibex 1000.
The Amphibex also boasts a design that allows for rapid mobilization to face any kind of situation immediately. Transportation to the sites is easy using a flatbed truck. On site, the Amphibex 1000 uses its stabilizers to move to the shore line of the body of water.
In all kinds of bodies of water, the Amphibex 1000 can achieve a wide variety of tasks.
- Restoration and cleaning of contaminated rivers
- Dredging (contaminated sediments, sediments, mud or sand)
- Stake driving
- Water conduits, pipelines and underwater cable installation
- Cleaning waste water treatment basins
- Ice breaking and prevention
- Vegetation control
- Exploitation of peat bogs
- Creation of wildlife habitats
- Recovery of mining waste, coal ash
Amphibex 1000 at a Glance
- The maximum length of the Amphibex 1000 is 16.6 meters and its maximum width is 4.9 meters. Its resistant hull is divided into thirteen sealed compartments.
- The Amphibex 1000 can sail at 5 to 8 knots.
- It can reach an excavation depth of 10.5 meters in a 12 meter maximum radius of 150 degrees.
- The maximum discharge height is 10.3 meters.
- Its engine, a diesel Caterpillar C18 model with six cylinders, generates 765 hp. The capacity of the diesel tank is 5000 litres.
- Max. length: 16.6 m (54’ 6')
- Max. width: 4.9 m (16’ 1')
- Speed: (approx.) 5 to 8 knots
Engine: Diesel Caterpillar C18
- Cylinders: 6
- Power max: 765 hp
- Fuel tank: 5000 L
- Excavation radius: 12 m (39’ 4') on 150°
- Maximum discharge height: 10.3 m (33’ 10')
- Conventional bucket and variable speed hydraulic bucket-pump
- Horizontal cutter for conduits SAE 300, 350 or 400
- 3 meter wide rake
- Compact propulsion system composed of 2 hydraulic engines with propellers
- Power-assisted steering
- Hydraulic vertical control
The Amphibex 1000 positioning system can be fitted with very sophisticated GPS positioning, particularly useful when pumping contaminated sediments. Day or night, these systems are used to precisely determine where the amphibious excavator should be.
In addition, for work requiring a greater degree of accuracy, Amphibex can be equipped with Real Time positioning (RTK) equipment, a very precise tool.
Conceived to have maximum power with minimal disturbance, the Amphibex 1000 propulsion system has achieved its goals. It can sail at 5 to 8 knots and is set above the water and its shallow propeller protects marine vegetation and avoids moving the sediment layers deposited at the bottom of the bodies of water.
Stabilizers and Floats
Its front stabilizers (with floats) and rear (adjustable and tilting) also give the Amphibex 1000 all the mobility necessary to move over ground and to adequately manoeuvre for work on the shore line or on water. They also give the amphibious general purpose excavator the necessary balance to operate effectively on all kinds of bodies of water.
The C18 Caterpillar Engine
Equipped with Caterpillar C18 diesel engine with 700 hp and 765 hp, the Amphibex 1000 general purpose excavators have all the power necessary and are low polluters.
The air-conditioned Amphibex cabin offers all the comfort and visibility necessary for the operation of the amphibious general purpose excavator during long hours. The ergonomic position of the various manipulation arms of the hydraulic controls and GPS navigation system contribute to make the work of the operator comfortable and simple.
In addition, the seat and controllers can move from the left to the right of the cabin to facilitate the visibility and manoeuvrability during work near structures.