Amphibex - Model 400 - Ultimate Environmentally Sensitive Machine
The fruit of many years of research and innovations, the Amphibex 400 represents the ultimate environmentally sensitive machine by being able to work without disturbing marine and shore line ecosystems. Economical and versatile, the Amphibex 400 is filled with enough power and strength to carry out a large wide variety of work.
A truly green technology, the Amphibex 400 is also renowned for the ecological character of its operation. Often called upon to work in populated areas, it is equipped with a residential silencer that greatly reduces noise emissions. The hydraulic system also uses biodegradable vegetable oil that is safe for the environment.
In all kinds of marine environments, the Amphibex 400 can perform a diverse range of tasks.
- Restoration and cleaning of contaminated rivers
- Place water conduits, pipelines and underwater cables
- Cleaning waste water treatment basins
- Ice breaking and prevention
- Vegetation control
- Exploitation of peat bogs
- Creation of animal habitats
- Recovery of mining waste, coal ash
The Amphibex 400 is a very effective device for drainage operations. Its mobility on land and water, anchorage and stabilization equipment, added to its wide range of interchangeable accessories (bucket chipper, bucket pump, conventional bucket, rake and side discharge spout) give it a distinct advantage over traditional drainage machinery.
Prevention and Ice Breaking
Very effective ice breakers, the Amphibex 400 also helps to prevent them. In the majority of cases, the use of the Amphibex 400 makes it possible to avoid using explosives which can be detrimental to the environment. Several techniques can be used to break the ice. Photo: An Amphibex 400 is hoisted onto the ice and by using its scoop and weight it breaks the ice.
Shore Line Interventions
The Amphibex 400 differentiates itself through its shore line work. Able to accomplish a large wide variety of work (pipe installation, cleaning of the banks or vegetation control), it involves only minor disturbances where the use of traditional general purpose excavators would have created severe damage.
Amphibex 400 at a Glance
- The maximum length of an Amphibex 400 is 10.85 meters and they have a total weight of 22 tons. Its hull, moulded into one single piece, is divided into nine sealed compartments.
- The Amphibex 400 can sail at 5 to 8 knots. It is powered by a Caterpillar C9 diesel engine with six cylinders that generates 350 hp.
- It can reach an excavation depth of 6 meters in a radius of 6 to 8 meters and 170 degrees.
- Its hydraulic system, with a capacity of 500 litres, runs on vegetable oil and supplies five pumps (four with variable flow and one with compensated pressure).
- Max. length: 10.85 m (35’ 7')
- Working weight: (approx.) 22 metric tons (24.25 tons)
- Haulage distance: 12.85 m (42’ 2')
- Haulage Width: 3.5 m (11’ 6')
- Haulage Height: 3.2 m (10’ 6')
- Speed: (approx.) 5 to 8 knots
Engine: C9 Acert Caterpillar
- Model: see options
- Cylinders: 6
- Maximum power: 275 to 375 bhp
- Max. torque: 275 bhp: (904 lb-ft) -1225 N.m. at 1400 rpm
- Max. torque: 375 bhp: (1230 lb-ft) -1667 N.m. at 1400 rpm
- Air compressor tu/flo: 501-13 ft3/min.
Electrical system: 12 volts or 24 volts
- Batteries (2): 1000 A
- Fuel tank: 1200 L (317 U.S. gallons)
- Maximum operating pressure: 450 bar
- Hydraulic system capacity: 500 L (132.09 Gal.) (hydraulic oil made with a biodegradable vegetable base)
- Excavation radius: 6.6 m (21’6') to 7.86 m (25’ 9') on 180°
- Excavation Depth (with telescopic indicator): 6.528 m (21’ 5')
- Power of wrenching scoop: according to the selected option
- Power of attack excavator: according to the selected option
- Quick attach buckets and accessories; 500 L bucket (0.6 v3)
- One-piece hull, corrosion resistant, divided into 9 sealed compartments
- Two rear stabilizers, equipped with hydraulical tilting cylinders. Depth control by means of hydraulic cylinder / mechanical control
- Two front stabilizers with detachable floats and removable spuds
- Direction and hydraulic height controllers propulsion system
- Dry powder extinguisher: one 2.5 kg (5 lbs)
- Standard excavator Arm with a horizontal pump-shredder bucket and hydraulic pumping system - 2 pumps, maximum capacity of 2 X 167 L (2 X 43 Gal)/second
- Discharge line located under cab / Output connection SAE250
- Fast accessory attachment
- Rescue materials
- Heating system
- Discharge spout for side casting
- 3 m (9’ 11') Rake
- 250 mm (10') X 2 m (6') discharge pipe, aluminum assembly, SAE 250 for connection to the floating conduit
- Navigation lights, folding mast
- Tool box
- 800 L (1 v3) bucket
The Amphibex 400 positioning system can be fitted with very sophisticated GPS technology, particularly useful when pumping contaminated sediments. Day or night, these systems are used to determine precisely where the amphibious excavator should be.
Conceived to have maximum power with minimal disturbance, the Amphibex 400 propulsion system has achieved its goals. It can sail at 5 to 8 knots and is set above the water and its shallow propeller protects marine vegetation and avoids moving the sediment layers deposited at the bottom of the bodies of water.
Stabilizers and Floats
Its front stabilizers (with floats) and rear (adjustable and tilting) also give the Amphibex 400 all the mobility necessary to move over ground and to adequately manoeuvre for work on the shore line or on water. They also give the amphibious general purpose excavator the necessary balance to operate effectively on all kinds of bodies of water.
The C9 Acert Caterpillar Engine
Equipped with Acert C9 Caterpillar engine, the Amphibex 400 general purpose excavators have all the power necessary to be successful. These engines are compact, light and emit few pollutants.
The air-conditioned Amphibex cabin offers all the comfort and visibility necessary for the operation of the amphibious general purpose excavator during long hours. The ergonomic positioning of the various manipulation arms of the hydraulic controls and the GPS navigation system contribute to make the work of the operator comfortable and simple.