AMSA BCP™ 2175 - Cleaning Fouled Systems
BCP 2175 is a multi-purpose product. Its primary use is as a powerful organic deposit cleaner, deposit penetrant, and deposit dispersant in industrial water systems. This is a “cross-over” product and thus, it provides the benefits of 2 active ingredients, a blend of the classic DTEA II (BCP 1000 chemistry) and BCP 2000. BCP 2175 and biocide provides a cost effective Biofilm Control Program (BCP). In particular, using BCP 2175 in a Legionella cleanup and subsequent maintenance program can be effective. When used as a cleaner/dispersant, BCP 2175 provides copper corrosion inhibition comparable azoles. When used with citric acid, in formulated form or co-fed, it provides excellent mild steel corrosion inhibition.
More powerful than BCP 1015 at cleaning fouled systems
- While all BCP products clean fouled systems, BCP 2175 is the most potent chemistry to penetrate biofilm and release it from system surfaces.
Helps algaecide’s effectiveness
- BCP 2175 is especially effective at penetrating algae and when used in conjunction with an algaecide, the resulting algae control program is most effective.
Superior yellow metal corrosion inhibition
- Provides yellow metal corrosion inhibition similar to azoles
- Designed for low ventilation space environments sensitive to odor
- Exceptional as dispersant, penetrant aid, and surfactant in algae control programs**
- Enhanced azole-like copper corrosion inhibition properties
- Reduces corrosion by keeping metal surfaces free of organic deposition (indirect mode of action), as well as acting similar to a film forming amine (direct mode of action)
- Penetrates, disperses, cleans, removes organic deposits from cooling water system surfaces
- Biodegradable (NPDES permit discharge benefit)
- Fast acting
- Highly effective in high demand systems such as high COC and high solids systems (high TDS)
- Increases biocide effectiveness and lowers their use levels and subsequent costs
- Excellent compatibility with cooling water treatment programs*
- Reduces oxidizing biocide demand and increases biocide residuals
- Not affected by high pH; works very well at pH above 7
- Not affected by high organic load
- Not affected by high concentrations of ammonia, hydrogen sulfide, or other strong nucleophiles
- Best used prior to the addition of oxidizing biocide or just after biocide has been added
* Call us before using with glutaraldehyde which provides synergistic benefits but can form a pink color at times.
** An algae control program is the use of dispersant, penetrant aids, and/or surfactants plus biocide/algaecide.
BCP 2175 may be used in 2 modes:
- Cleanup of a fouled system***
- Maintenance of a relatively clean system, preferably used in conjunction with a scale & corrosion program
*** For a heavily fouled system, use BCP 2430 series products a part of the physical and/or chemical program and then proceed to use BCP 2430 in maintenance mode
Dosage methods: Slug, Continuous, or Semi-continuous
BCP 2175 may be directly added to a water system at a point of good agitation to insure proper dispersal in the system. Typical dosage is 25 – 65 ppm based on system volume. Call us for assistance on use in semi-continuous or continuous mode.
BCP (Biofilm/Algae/Legionella Control Program) method:
Using BCP 2175 with your biocide/algaecide of choice provides an effective biofilm/algae control program or as we have termed. Call us for specific information on which biocides/algaecides are preferred in our view, what specific biocides/algaecides have been used effectively, etc.
As BCP 2000 series products provide quick degradation rates, and because they can be degraded prior to release with commonly used cooling tower treatments, they have environmental friendly profiles.
- Low persistence in the the environment (NPDES discharge permit benefit)
- Biodegradable (NPDES permit discharge benefit)
BCP 2175 is biodegradable (OECD guidelines and aquatic use profile is in keeping with modern day expectations of water treatment chemicals for ecological friendliness. For comparison purposes, BCP 2175 is 6X to 60X safer* in aquatic toxicity testing than the chemical called ADBAC (a quat biocide)). Note: BCP 2175 is not a quat.
*The aquatic toxicity profile is provided for general comparative purposes only and does not imply, warrant, or state to use it in any manner not in keeping with local regulations.
BCP formulations are not sold, warranted, or implied to be used as a biocide by AMSA, Inc. in the USA.
Such product use is allowed in the USA only under rules and regulations as specified under FIFRA and enforced by the USA EPA.
Please refer to SDS (formerly called msds) before handling this product. BCP products require handling that conforms to typical procedures required of strong industrial strength cleaners, detergents, and soaps.
- Active Ingredients: BCP 1000, BCP 2000
- Solvent: Water
- Physical State: Liquid solution
- Color: Pale yellow-brown to light amber
- Clarity: Clear to slightly cloudy
- pH: 6 – 7
- Density: 8.3 lb./gallon
- Shelf life: One year minimum
- Storage Temperature: Above 32 deg. F
- Freeze Thaw: If frozen, simply thaw at room temperature and slightly agitate
BCP 2175 product is packaged in:
- 275 gallon totes
- 55 gallon non-returnable near-clear plastic drums
- 15 gallon near-clear plastic drums
- 5 gallon square near-clear pails
- 5 gallon round white pail with pour spout
Shipping is not regulated as per DOT standards. Ships as Class 55.