AMSA BCP™ - Multi-Purpose Organic Deposit Cleaner 2430
BCP™ 2430 is a multi-purpose product with several key uses. Its primary use is as a powerful organic deposit cleaner, deposit penetrant, and deposit dispersant in industrial water systems. BCP™ 2430 and biocide provides a cost effective Biofilm Control Program (BCP™). In particular, BCP™ 2430 can be used in Legionella cleanup and maintenance programs. When used as a cleaner/dispersant, BCP™ 2430 also provides copper corrosion inhibition comparable to azoles. When used with citric acid, in formulated form or co-fed, it provides excellent mild steel corrosion inhibition.
Designed for systems with low odor tolerance
- Low to no odor for closed sump areas or applications sensitive to chemical odors
Enhance your biofilm/algae/Legionella control program with BCP 2000 products. BCP 2430 or BCP 2175 chemicals used in conjunction with a biocide in cooling tower water treatment programs will result in better overall microbial control and satisfied customers.
Check out our Injection Mold Case Study in which a chemical treatment program with BCP 2430 kept injection plastic bottle molds clean and free of corrosion caused by MIC.
- Exceptional for low ventilation space environments sensitive to odor
- Exceptional as dispersant, penetrant aid, and surfactant in algaecide control programs**
- Exceptional azole-like properties
- Penetrates, disperses, cleans, removes organic deposits from cooling water system surfaces
- Low persistence (NPDES discharge permit benefit)
- Biodegradable (NPDES permit discharge benefit)
- Fast acting
- Highly effective in high demand systems such as high COC and high solids systems (high TDS)
- Reduces corrosion by keeping metal surfaces free of organic deposition (indirect mode of action), as well as acting similar to a film forming amine (direct mode of action)
- Increases biocide effectiveness and lowers their use levels and subsequent costs
- Excellent compatibility with cooling water treatment programs*
- Reduces oxidizing biocide demand and increases biocide residuals
- Not affected by high pH; works very well at pH above 7
- Not affected by high organic load
- Not affected by high concentrations of ammonia, hydrogen sulfide, or other strong nucleophiles
- Best used prior to the addition of oxidizing biocide or just after biocide has been added
BCP 2430 may be used in 2 modes:
- Cleanup of a fouled system ***
- Maintenance to keep systems clean (Clean it Up & Keep it Clean)
*** For a heavily fouled system, use BCP 2430 series products a part of the physical and/or chemical program and then proceed to use BCP 2430 in maintenance mode
Dosage methods: Slug, Continuous, or Semi-continuous
BCP 2430 may be directly added to a water system at a point of good agitation to insure proper dispersal in the system. Typical slug dosage is 25 - 65 ppm based on system volume. (Other use patterns depend on system parameters, etc. Call us for guidance. When using oxidizing biocide call us for best practices.)
BCP (Biofilm/Algae/Legionella Control Program) method:
Using BCP 2430 with your biocide/algaecide of choice provides an effective biofilm/algae control program.
Call us for specific information on which type of biocides are preferred in our view, what specific biocides have been used effectively, etc.
- Low persistence in the environment (NPDES discharge permit benefit)
- Biodegradable (NPDES permit discharge benefit)
BCP 2430 is biodegradable (OECD guidelines and aquatic use profile is in keeping with modern day expectations of water treatment chemicals for ecological friendliness. For comparison purposes, BCP 2430 is 6X to 60X safer* as an aquatic toxicant than the chemical called ADBAC (a quat biocide)).
Note: BCP 2430 is not a quat, completely different.
*The aquatic toxicity profile is provided for general comparative purposes only and does not imply, warrant, or state to use it in any manner not in keeping with local regulations.
BCP formulations are not sold, warranted, or implied to be used as a biocide by AMSA, Inc. in the USA. Such product use is allowed in the USA only under rules and regulations as specified under FIFRA and enforced by the USA EPA.
Please refer to the SDS (formerly called msds) before handling this product. BCP products require handling that conforms to typical procedures required of strong industrial strength cleaners, detergents, and soaps.
- Active Ingredient: Proprietary amide hydrolysate
- Physical State: Liquid solution
- Inerts: Freeze protection agent
- Solvent: Water
- Color: Pale yellow-brown to light amber
- Clarity: Clear to slightly cloudy
- pH: nominal 4.5
- Density: 8.3 lb./gallon
- Shelf life: One year minimum Storage
- Temperature: Above 32 deg. F
- Freeze Thaw: If frozen, simply thaw to room temperature and slightly agitate
BCP 2430 product is packaged in:
- 275 gallon totes
- 55 gallon non-returnable near-clear plastic drums
- 15 gallon near-clear plastic drums
- 30 gallon near-clear plastic drums
- 5 gallon square near-clear pails
- 5 gallon round white pail with pour spout
Shipping is not regulated as per DOT standards. Ships as Class 55.