BIOPAQ - Model UBOX - Anaerobic and Aerobic COD Removal
From BIOPAQ Products
The BIOPAQ UBOX, which was designed by Paques, combines high efficient biological sewage treatment with biogas purification. This leads to low operational costs, a small footprint and zero odour emission. The system provides a four step sewage treatment: anaerobic treatment, supplementary aerobic treatment, secondary clarification and biogas purification.
The BIOPAQ UBOX modular design is suitable for capacities of 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 and 40 thousand population equivalent (PE). By combining these different modules it is possible to treat larger PE’s. Since implementation in progressive steps is an option, idle capacity is avoided. The BIOPAQ® UBOX is equipped with an exclusive anti-clogging pressurized feeding system. This ensures uniform distribution and an efficient anaerobic treatment of the wastewater, avoiding sludge thickening.
The BIOPAQ®UBOX combines biological sewage treatment and biogas purification in one reactor with high efficiency, low operational cost, small footprint and zero odour emission. The system provides a four step sewage treatment: anaerobic treatment, supplementary aerobic treatment, secondary clarification and biogas purification.
BIOPAQ®UBOX was designed by Paques, the worldwide leader in anaerobic wastewater and biogas treatment. Having over 30 years of experience, more than 1000 references in wastewater treatment plants and more than 180 references in biogas purification systems, Paques is able to provide every customer with a tailor made sewage treatment system that meets all their requirements.
- Proven technology, > 10 years operational experience
- BIOPAQ® UBOX references worldwide available
- Continuous innovation
- Available for all smaller and bigger sewage treatment plants
- Small footprint, also applicable in urban area
- Production of ‘green’ energy-rich biogas
- Modular system - tailor made solution
- Worldwide availability
The BIOPAQ®UBOX modular design is suitable for capacities of 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 and 40 thousand population equivalent (PE). Combining these different modules enables to treat larger PE’s. Implementation in progressive steps is possible, avoiding idle capacity and allowing future expansions to ensure long-range projects. The BIOPAQ® UBOX has an exclusive anti-clogging pressurized feeding system, which ensures uniform distribution and an efficient anaerobic treatment of the wastewater, avoiding sludge thickening.
- Modular design for capacities from 5 up to 40 thousand PE
- Combining modules enables to treat larger PE’s
- No malodorous emissions
- Suitable for urban areas
- Low energy consumption
- Low sludge generation
- Small footprint
- Energy reuse by biogas production
- High retention of biological sludge
- Efficiency on BOD removal > 90%
- Automatic cleaning without stopping the operation
- Sewage enters the feeding/ distribution system, in which the sewage is uniformly distributed and stirred in the anaerobic digestion zone
- Anaerobic modules; without energy consumption, organic components are converted into methane (biogas) in the anaerobic three phase separator
- Biogas is separated and for further treatment, the treated sewage is brought into the aeration tank by an anti-return passage
- Biogas is collected in the three phase separators and brought into the gas scrubber for desulphurization without the addition of chemicals
- Leftover carbonaceous compounds, oxidizing ammonium and dissolved malodorous compounds from the previous anaerobic process are removed in the aerobic stage
- The final treatment is carried out in the settler with a wide settling surface, in which the water is clarified and the biomass is retained
- Effluent leaves the reactor
- H2S free biogas leaves the reactor