ANDRITZ - Model SMX-Q - Belt Press
ANDRITZ low-profile belt press simplifies operation and maintenance significantly and lowers cost of ownership.
The low-profile design eliminates the need for costly platforms. With an overall height of only 152 cm, the gravity zone is at a convenient height for operational and maintenance requirements. Access for maintenance has been improved, and by eliminating the need for platforms, the installation costs are dramatically reduced.
With reduced installation costs, the lowprofile architecture will also improve your accessibility for routine and planned maintenance. No more need for a platform or ladders to access the gravity zone. Every aspect of the SMX-Q belt press is at a convenient, low level, for the benefit of the operating staff and for more safety.
Using modularity to the optimum, the SMX-Q belt press allows a flexible number of rolls for the S-zone (either eight or twelve) without requiring any alteration to the frame. Furthermore, the simple addition of a third belt gravity zone enables feed material with low solids to be dewatered more easily and more effectively.
Wide gravity zone and optimized camber wedge
An improved headbox will ensure perfect distribution of the sludge. Our wide gravity zone will allow efficiently process flow without having to utilize any additional thickening equipment. The optimized camber wedge will ensure gradually increasing pressure, minimizing the possibility of extrusion.
- Low-profile structure for a smaller machine footprint and ease of access for operator (no platform needed)
- Continuously increasing pressure for perfect dewatering
- Highest throughput of up to 50% more than comparable competitor machines
- Lowest residual moisture of final product thank to extended dewatering area (8 or 12 S-rolls)
- Flexibility increased by modular design
- Low energy requirement, reduction of polymer consumption, ease of maintenance, and hydraulic capacity increased for significant cost savings and best operator safety
- Thickening and dewatering in one stage (thank to efficient thickening zone or combined with gravity belt table)
- Municipal and industrial sludge
- High efficiency in specific applications: pulp & paper, manure, biogas, slaughterhouse, chemical sludge, etc.