From Process Lines
ANDRITZ SEPARATION developed a next-generation weir plate - TurboJet - which drastically reduces a centrifuge’s absorbed power up to 30%. The patented TurboJet weir plate guides the liquid discharge from the centrifuge in the opposite direction to the bowl rotation. Adjustable nozzles form a jet similar to a jet engine’s exhaust. This extra force aids the bowl rotation, reducing main drive power consumption.
- Reduces power consumption 10 to 30% (depending on flow rate, pond depth, and bowl speed)
- Can be fitted to ANDRITZ Separation decanters (ANDRITZ, Bird, KHD, Guinard, etc.) and can also be retrofitted to nearly all brands of decanters
- Does not affect cake dryness, capture rate, etc.
- Proven in a variety of applications (WWTP, bioethanol, food, calcium carbonate separation, chemicals, and other industrial processes)
Typical calculation of life time savings for an ANDRITZ SEPARATION decanter when applying TurboJet weir plates:
- Typical design life for an ANDRITZ SEPARATION decanter: 20 years
- Flow rate when in operation: 40 m3/h
- Average total power consumption with standard weir plates / TurboJet weir plates: 31 kW / 24 kW (dif ference 7 kW)
- Electricity cost range: 0.09 to 0.20 EUR/kWh
- Daily operation time: 24 hours
Saving over the design life time of the decanter from 110,000 to 245,000 EUR*
0.20 EUR x 7 kW x 24 hours x 365 days x 20 years = 245,280 E UR
We are looking forward to calculating the expected power saving for your specific application and process and estimating
your rapid return on investment (less than 2 years!).