Andritz - Model DDS - Drum Drying System
The ANDRITZ drum drying system, DDS, dries and granulates different types of municipal, industrial, and agricultural sludges. The dewatered sludge is granulated in a mixer tailored to the application. It is then dried in the triple-pass drum (three concentric cylinders revolving around a joint axis) in a convective drying process to < 10% residual moisture. The sludge is conveyed pneumatically by the stream of hot gases, ensuring an evenly dried, pasteurized product.
The ANDRITZ triple-pass drum, where the sludge is dried by convection, ensures that the final product is of high quality:
- Homogenous and stable
- Low odor, pathogen-free
- Product dryness 90-95% DS
The DDS process offers a comprehensive safety concept consisting of primary and secondary measures:
- Avoidance of explosive atmospheres
- Avoidance of ignition sources
- Explosion suppression systems
The plant design conforms to EU machinery directive 2006/42/EC and ATEX directive 94/9/EC.
The DDS system can utilize secondary energy sources, such as:
- Engine exhaust gas
- Turbine exhaust gas
- Flue gas from incineration processes
ANDRITZ DDS is the product of 30 years of experience. Reference plants worldwide prove its versatility and reliability.
The advanced temperature control system allows plants to function automatically and operators to adapt to the differences in incoming sludges.
- A final class 'A' product which can be put to safe, economic use
- Low operating costs
- Ease of operation
- Low off-gas volume due to closed air circuit
- Proven safety system
- Flexible service on site and by modem
- In-house designs and customized control systems