Continuous filtration for optimum cake moistures
The horizontal vacuum belt filters by ANDRITZ Delkor (Pty) Ltd. offer numerous advantages for process plants:
- High filtration rates and large tonnage capabilities
- Excellent washing efficiencies and lower cake moisture
- Long service intervals and low maintenance costs
High extraction efficiencies are the key to profitability in most washing applications, whether it is for gold, uranium, phosphoric acid, copper, or alumina. The horizontal vacuum belt filter can attain wash efficiencies of more than 99.8% as plug flow displacement and multi-stage counter-current washing is utilized over the filtration area.
We offer a complete range of solutions for corrosive, abrasive and hot filtering applications; from the highest quality stainless steels to FRPs and plastics. The filter frames are manufactured from open channel and angle sections to prevent problems associated with corrosion when using box sections.
Cake discharge on most applications is spontaneous, but ANDRITZ makes use of cake scrapers or water slides to ensure complete cake removal in the event of wet, sticky products.
We have constructed the widest filters using 4.8 m rubber belts. These are available in natural rubber, SBR, neoprene, and EPDM, depending on the process requirements. All our transporter belts have a carcass-free center zone to ensure long life by preventing contact between the carcass and corrosive filtrates.
- Coal fines, Rutile/zircon and titanium sands, Iron ore fines (both hematite and magnetite), Pyrites, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Copper, Phosphate rock
- Gold/silver recovery in cyanide process, Washing of phosphate rock, Nickel/cobalt and manganese salts, Uranium for SX recovery, Potash/soda ash and lithium salts, Acid-leached copper and cobalt, Recovery of alumina from sintered mud, Vanadium leached from magnetite, Hemihydrate and dihydrate calcium sulfate from phosphoric acids