Anvil - Model FIG 201 - Hydraulic Snubber w/ Extension
Seven standard sizes with cylinder bores of 1-1/2' to 8' and with normal load ratings from 3,000 pounds to 128,000 pounds. All are available with 5', 10', 15', or 20' strokes except the 1-1/2' size, which is offered with 5” and 10” strokes only. Snubbers are available with integral or remote reservoirs.
Finish: Fig. 200/201 painted with semi gloss primer. Fig. C-200/C-201 corrosion resistant; painted with carbo zinc.
Service: For use on piping systems or equipment when unrestrained thermal movement must be allowed, but which must be restrained during impulsive or cyclic disturbance. The unit is not effective against low amplitude, high frequency movement. Use with standard settings to prevent destructive response to earthquakes, flow transients or wind load. Special settings are available to absorb the continuous thrust resulting from safety valve blow-off or pipe rupture.
Standard settings: The standard settings are: Locking (activation) velocity 8 +/- 2 in/min. Bleed rate (post activation) at normal rated load 4 +/- 1 in/min. (Special settings are available). The valves are calibrated at the factory within the tolerances indicated at room temperature. Locking velocity and bleed rate will vary with temperature. Testing has indicated that there is little effect of these changes on dynamic operation.
- Choice of valve type
- Adjustable – permits field adjustments
- Temperature compensating – minimizes the effects of temperature on lockup and bleed
- Choice of reservoir type
- Transparent – continuous operation at 200° F with brief transients to 250° F
- Metal or pressurized metal – allows brief transients to 340° F
- Pressurized – eliminates the concern of reservoir orientation relative to valve and cylinder – minimizes internal contamination
- Factory calibrated valves
- Rapid, positive valve closure
- Special design minimizes the “lost motion” which results from the shifting and seating of piston seals
- Unlocked resisting force is less than 1% of rated load
- Stable, non-flammable, long life hydraulic fluid made highly visible for ease of inspection
- Self-aligning bushings permit ± 5° misalignment or angular motion. Bushings are coated with a dry lubricant.
- Choice of coating (paint, primer, carbo zinc, epoxy, plating or other)