Model APACHE - Belt Drier
From Grain Drying
The Perry Belt Drier is ideally suited to drying almost any non-flowing product or more granular products that require a lower throughput capacity. Popular applications have included biomass, anaerobic digestate, grass & seeds.
The Perry Belt Drier is ideally suited for these materials:
Wood chip - Wood shavings - Wood pellets - Other feed pellets - Saw dust - Biomass straw - Miscanthus and bagasse - Herbs Combinable crops - Beans and soya beans - Shredded recycled matter - Sewerage sludge & digestate - Flaked maize - Nuts - Fruit and fruit slices - Compost - Cotton rejects - Extruded pet foods - Finely ground wet chips - Grass - Grass seed - Orange peel - Pulp granulates - Solid shredded waste - Granular & shredded plastic - Poultry manure.
Traditionally drying these types of materials has been achieved by rotary drum driers, however this method has many disadvantages, including:
- High risk of fire due to the average operating temperature of 426°C (800°F).
- Balling up of products.
- Potentially volatile emissions which may require additional permits.
- Not suited for heat recovery due to their higher operating temperature.
The Perry belt drier overcomes all of the issues listed above, along with being more economically efficient due to the lower operating temperature and providing the opportunity to recover waste heat.
Drying for Biomass:
It’s highly likely that your biomass materials need to have their water content reduced before you can use them, to:
- Ensure the optimal heating efficiency of the material, including a greater flame temperature.
- Prevent incomplete combustion of the fuel leading to tar & creosote emissions.
- Prevent corrosion of the flue by water recondensing.
- Improve the efficiency of the transport & storage of the material.
- Fine mesh drying belt
- All galvanized construction. Stainless steel as an option.
- Multiple heat sources available including biomass, steam, oil, kerosene or gas.
- PLC touch screen panel with internet connectivity.
- Levelling device.
- Modular construction.
- Rotary brush to clean belt.
- Various widths up to 3m available.
- Designed and manufactured in house.
- Optional cooling section.
Modular galvanised steel construction available in 1.5m, 2.2m and 3m widths. The drier can be increased in length in 1m increments from 8.5m to 38.5m (including drive and tail). The overal height of the drier is dependant on the heat source chosen.
Heat Sources Available
These are commonly used for application where a biomass heat source is available such as woodchip boilers to produce hot water or if there is a steam heat source available.
The drier can be tailored to accept a customer’s existing heat exchangers if required.
OIL OR GAS FIRED BURNERS:
If a separate heat source is required a direct fired furnace with diesel, kerosene, LPG or natural gas burner can be used. Alternatively a heat exchanger with the same burner can be used for indirect heating if required.
Polymer Woven Belt
- An anti-static synthetic/bronze weave mesh which is well suited to low temperature driers. Temperatures of up to 130°C.
- Best suited for smaller/finer products, or products which have a wide range of particle sizes such as woodchip.
- The woven in bronze wires permanently prevent electro-static charging of the belt.
- The mesh has a high level of air permeability.
- Two Separate tracking rollers & two rotary cleaning brushes (one at the drive end & one at the tail end).
- Feeding hopper that can be used as a buffer hopper to help feed the product evenly over the belt. This feeding hopper will have a number of screw feeders dependent on the width of drier chosen. The hopper can be fed via dump loading, elevators, conveyors or screw conveyors.
- Drier panels can be insulated along the drying section to improve heat retention.
- A false floor option is available for a fully enclosed drier base.
- A complete enclosure can be built around the drier to house the heat exchangers and the fans. This is built with insulated wall panels and two access doors (one in the hot & one in the cold plenum)
The Perry PLC Control Panel is unique in that it shows you an on-screen mimic of your drier making it one of the most simple control panels available on the market.
- 12” Touch screen.
- Simple operation.
- Plain English status alerts.
- Designed & programmed in house.
- Data logging of all readouts and alarms and drier status.
- Moisture contents can be entered during the day.
- Export all recorded drier conditions and moisture contents to a spreadsheet and automatically create daily record sheets.
- Fuel use calculator included for diesel applications.
The drier history is recorded and input & output screens display current panel conditions to aid fault diagnostics.
- Status reports can be sent to select mobile numbers and email addresses.
- Ability to control or monitor the drier remotely from any internet connected PC or tablet.
- Download all drier history and data logged records.
- Allows remote connection by Perry engineers to diagnose any faults or to control the drier.