AppliCOD - Model MW - Series of On-Line COD Analyzers
The AppliCOD Series of On-line COD Analyzers are built on probably the most advanced and versatile analytical mainframe available for measuring COD values in water, bringing new levels of automation, reliability and performance. All AppliCOD Series share similar high quality components, such as our long-life peristaltic pumps and precision micro pumps, and the same analytical techniques.
Prior to analysis, each sample is oxidized by means of a specific acid solution and heat, in accordance with the standard method applied, in order to oxidize all organic carbon to CO2 and H2O. Each model runs a redox titration to determine the exact concentration. The industrial panel PC controls all steps of the analysis procedure, including sampling, sample transfer, addition of reagents and reporting of the results.
The AppliCOD MW is a special configuration of AppliTek’s on-line COD analyzer with accelerated sample digestion. The analyzer contains a built-in microwave unit that drastically reduces the standard oxidation time of 2 hours of the potassium dichromate method (K2Cr2O7). This powerful unit, shielded for operator security, is installed in the wet part and achieves full oxidation at 30 minutes.
Parameters: Chemical Oxygen Demand
- Compliance with international standard methods: wet-chemical oxidation conform with ISO 6060 (potassium dichromate method)
- NEW: introduction of mercury-free method for high chloride applications
- Analytical mainframe available in several configurations depending on standard method, measuring ranges and individual requirements
- MW model: accelerated sample oxidation by built-in microwave unit (dichromate method only)
- Complete separation between electronics and wet part
- Multiplexing up to eight (8) sampling points possible
- Incorporated industrial PC with AppliTek controller software
- Extended data communication and exchange features
- ISO 6060 (Cr method)
Standard measuring ranges (Cr method)
- One single range, factory set:
- 5 - 100 mg/L O2
- 40 - 500 mg/L O2
- 60 - 1,000 mg/L O2
- 80 - 1,500 mg/L O2
- 100 - 10,000 mg/L O2
- < 40 minutes incl. oxidation of 30 minutes (Cr method, microwave accelerated)
- Factory calibrated