To protect the MBR (membrane bioreactor), it is essential to eliminate any kind of fibrous material which could damage the system. The AquaDrum has a capture rate close to 100%. The AquaDrum is installed after a 5-25 mm screening device or after clarification processes. Filtration is accomplished using a drum (holes ranging from 1-3 mm depending on the process) provided with an endless screw which ensures the conveying. The water/sludge mix extracted by the AquaDrum can be collected directly or conveyed by a pump or conveyor. The final sludge is generally easier to handle and lower in volume and for subsequent transport. To ensure continuous operation and filtration efficiency, the AquaDrum has a fixed cleaning device which operates while the drum revolves.
- Three functions: Filtration, compacting, and conveying
- Holes range from 1 to 3 mm
- Area of holes from 3 to 10 mm2
- Channel mounted (excl. AD250)
- Compliant with CE machine standards
- MBR protection
- Extra fine screening for fibrous material removal (tannery and laundry)