AQUAlogger 530 - Wireless Standalone Temperature and Depth Logger
- Oceanographic and environmental research where ‘at a glance’ data display is important
- Commercial fisheries – to aid fishing methods and species targeting
- Coastal studies
The AQUAlogger® 530WTD is a wireless standalone temperature and depth logger with a robust and innovative design. The instrument offers automatic data transfer, so your data is transmitted wirelessly to a designated PC or laptop, once the equipment has surfaced. Users can benefit from the quick and simple setup and deployment of the instrument that will save you time in the field.
Use on your fishing gear
- The AQUAlogger 530 has been carefully designed for deployment on fishing gear. This can include anything from lobster pots to fishing nets.
- Once attached to your fishing equipment, the AQUAlogger 530 can provide you with valuable insight into the temperature of the water and depth of your gear, which can affect the success of your fishing activities.
- Once the AQUAlogger 530 surfaces with your equipment, the reader automatically detects the instrument. This means that no wires or connectors are needed for the data transfer.
Automatic near-real time data
- Data can be collected in near-real time, which is important for commercial fishing vessels, to aid fishing methods and species targeting.
- Now you can rectify any problems and take immediate action, since you will have a greater understanding of the water environment.
- The AQUAlogger 530 will automatically transmit data wirelessly when retrieved, up to 100m away.
Customisable & flexible deployment
- The depth trigger feature allows you to maximise the use of the instrument by saving memory and battery life. This allows you to programme the instrument so it starts and stops collecting data at set depths, so you obtain only the measurements relevant to your study.
- The AQUAlogger 530 can measure to a depth of 600m, giving you the flexibility to use the device in a wide variety of deployments, including oceans, coasts, rivers, lakes, estuaries and more.
- The hard-wearing AQUAlogger 530 has been designed with a durable stainless-steel casing to protect your data in an operational setting.
- The rugged design makes the AQUAlogger 530 the ideal instrument to use on commercial vessels and vessels of opportunity.
- Each logger is individually calibrated by our expert team.
- Aquatec offer an annual service and calibration plan to ensure continuity of reliable data.
- The logger is supplied with pressure and temperature sensors, to enhance your understanding of the environment.
Ready to use
- We supply you with everything you need to get started, including a reader, software and manuals.
- The AQUAlogger 530 is ideal for crowdsourcing coastal oceanographic data via vessels of opportunity such as commercial fishing boats.
- Temporal and spatial resolution of bottom and water column temperature data, as well as tidal cycles, can be increased in a cost effective manner, compared to data collection via traditional methods (buoys, research vessels).