AQUAscat 1000S - Acoustic suspended sediment profiler
The AQUAscat transmits pulses of high frequency sound on up to four transducers, each of which may operate at a different frequency. It measures the sound scattered by sediment or other suspended materials at discrete spatial intervals programmable from 2½ millimetres to 4 centimetres. For altimetry, this may span a few tens of centimetres; for monitoring sediment suspension profiles, a total range of around 1- 2 metres is typical; while dredge plume estimation may extend to 10 metres. The instrument is supplied in a subsea housing suitable for long-term unattended deployments. Batteries for various deployment schedules are available to order.
- Sediment transport studies
- The AQUAscat 1000S can observe profiles of up to 10 m.
- Using set frequencies of 500 kHz, 1 MHz, 2 MHz and 4 MHz, the AQUAscat 1000S allows you to determine the mean grain size and concentration of suspended materials.
- The AQUAscat 1000S is a self-contained instrument with 4 integrated transducers, allowing simple deployment and operation.
- Once you have setup the burst sampling in AQUAtalk, you can be confident that the AQUAscat 1000S is operating at set intervals chosen by you.
- For long-term deployments, the AQUAscat 1000S can be connected to an external battery pack.
- The instrument has integrated temperature and depth sensors to give you a better understanding of the water environment.
- Aquatec offer an optional turbidity sensor that can be integrated with the AQUAscat 1000S. This provides a separate single point measurement of turbidity, giving optical measurements as well as acoustic. This feature is ideal for water quality monitoring, dredge monitoring and aquaculture projects.
- The AQUAscat 1000S can be used in water depths of up to 1000 m.