Aquavar SPD - Variable Speed Single Pump Drive
From Submersible Turbine
Commercial Variable Speed Single Pump Drive Aquavar SPD.A variable speed pump controller made specifically for single pump booster applications. Comes complete with pressure transducer and standard NEMA 3R outdoor rated enclosure.Applications:Water pumps serving commercial buildings.
Pressure boosting for light industry, wash systems, filtration.Rural water and municipal systems .Groundwater/Irrigation
- Easy Set-up: Pre-set for surface motor characteristics. Pre-wired and tested transducer. Touch button pressure setting. No complicated menus or electrical jargon to cope with. Total set up time including wiring is less than 30 minutes.
- NEMA 3R: Outdoor rated enclosure eliminates the need for separate cover panels required by standard NEMA 1 enclosures.
- Dual Phase: The same drive can be used for either three phase or single phase input (de-rated). Both configurations are UL/CUL approved for inventory flexibility.
- Transducer: As with all Goulds Water Technology drives, the pressure transducer is included with the drive so there is no need for separate sourcing and compatibility checks. The transducer is pre-wired and tested.
- Full Diagnostics: In addition to typical electrical protection and diagnostics, the S-Drive has a full range of pump protection features such as bound pump or motor shut down, low water or loss of prime shut down. These added features require no added input devices.
- Program Security: The flashing LED status indicator will not fade in outdoor use the way LCD screens do, and the internal single push button discourages tampering by untrained operating or maintenance personnel.
- Remote on/off: Permits external control by timers (irrigation), float or pressure switches (tank draining) or manual control. Reduces the need for separate patch panels.
- Hand/Auto Option: Allows the drive to be run full speed for longer periods of time as in the case of system start up. Turning the control back to auto resumes the automatic pressure tracking and control.
- Remote Monitoring: External monitors may be connected to the drive for pump running speed (Hz), pump on, and system fault. The fault indicator can also be connected to devices like an auto-dialer. This enables control of pumps and drives in un-manned locations.
- Dual Set Point: The S-Drive has the capability to be programmed with two pressure set points. An external contact such as a timer can be used to change between them, so that a booster pump serving both a building and an irrigation system can do both jobs without manual resets.