Aquip (uh-kwip) is a patented†, enhanced media filtration system for industrial stormwater applications. This stormwater treatment BMP removes fine particulates and dissolved pollutants in a simple and easy-to-use configuration. Aquip is typically installed above ground with a single pump station.
- Removes particulates and dissolved pollutants
- Uses passive filtration, no chemicals, no backwash
- Open top for easy access and operation
- Operates unattended, 24/7
- Gravity flow-through system, no moving parts
Aquip is available in several performance levels, each specifically designed for the reduction of stormwater pollutants such as suspended solids, turbidity, heavy metals (including dissolved metals), organics (e.g. BOD, volatile hydrocarbons, PCBs, PAHs), and nutrients (e.g. nitrogen and phosphorus). Targeted metals include copper, zinc, iron, lead, aluminum, nickel, cadmium, and other metals.