The K 4x4 comes standard with a Cummins QSB 6.7L diesel engine. Rated at 190 HP at 2,200 RPM, this high-torque unit offers plenty of power to get where you need.
With five forward gears and one reverse gear, the fully automatic Allison transmission features a push button shifter and adaptive shifting technology.
The two-speed transfer case efficiently transfers torque to the wheels. It offers front axle disconnect for 2x4 or 4x4 performance.
Extra-heavy-duty axles are rigid-mounted to the frame. They offer heavy-duty inboard planetaries, and the front axle includes a “no-spin” feature to deliver full power to both front wheels, even when one loses traction. Driver controlled differential lock is available.
The fully enclosed inboard wet-disc brakes are pressure applied. The K 4x4 also features an emergency brake off the transfer case. It is spring applied with hydraulic release.
Durable tires offer excellent longevity, traction and floatation for traversing practically any terrain you may encounter.
The K 4x4 has a high-strength tubular steel frame with a heavy-duty articulated center pivot trunnion.
Engineered for maximum safety, the standard open-air cab is ROPS certified.
The unit is equipped with ample lighting for superior visibility. It includes LED lights at the front and rear corners of the vehicle, red rear lights and white reverse lights. It also has a flashing warning light on top of the cab.
The 16-foot welded tubular steel mast is designed for use with 10-foot (3.1 meter) drill pipe. It is raised and lowered by dual 3-inch (7.6 cm) hydraulic cylinders. Controls are conveniently located at the left rear of the drill frame.
The top-head drive rotary assembly is hydraulically driven through 3-inch (7.6 cm) wide straight-tooth gears with a 5.923:1 gear ratio. The quill opening is 1-1/2 inch (3.8 cm) with a Carey modified 3-thread bottom box connection. The rotary quill is equipped with a special break-out sleeve, and the rotary assembly is aligned in the mast channels by specialized guides with roller bearings.
Two continuous #80 1-inch (2.5 cm) roller chains are hydraulically actuated through a Ramsey 35YR gearbox. The dual-crown idler sprocket assemblies are held by stress-proof shafts mounted in pillow blocks with adjusting bolts. The unit is also equipped with specialized heavy-duty turnbuckles for correct chain tension and rotary alignment. It offers a speed of up to 100 feet (30.5 m) per minute and pull-up/pull-down force of 6,000 pounds (2,722 kg).
A direct-drive, three-stage gear pump powers the pull-down and rotary. The K 4x4 comes standard with large-capacity hydraulic valves and high-pressure hoses. Additionally, the 80-gallon hydraulic reservoir includes 10 micron filters.
The K 4x4 is equipped with a Centerline hydraulic mud pump with a continuous flow rate of 150 gpm (1,567 lpm) and 0-200 psi.
The cable drum is loaded with 250 feet (76.2 m) of ¼-inch (6.4 mm) cable. It comes with a mast-mounted cable pulley and weight, and is hydraulically driven by a Char-Lynn motor.
A heavy-duty pipe storage rack is located on the right side of the drill unit.
A vertically adjustable headache rack is located at the front of the drill frame.
- 12' 8' (386 cm) mast down-driving
- 11' 2' (340 cm) mast down-trucking
- 20' 3' (617 cm) mast up
Length:28' 6' (869 cm)
Width:8' (244 cm)
Ground Clearance: 21.3' (54 cm)
- 17,000 lbs (7,711 kg) bare frame
- 24,500 lbs (11,113 kg) with C-1000 Drill
Payload: 20,000 lbs (9,072 kg)
Speed: 0-25 mph (0-40 kph)
- 14' (427 cm) inside
- 22' (671 cm) outside
Axles: John Deere 1200 Series 'Teammate'
Steering: Articulated center pivot with hydraulic cylinders
Tires: Terra, tractor or sand tires; contact ARDCO for info on available options
Cab: Open ROPS style
Model/Power: 190 BHP (141 kW) Cummins QSB6.7
Torque: 687 ft-lbs (931 Nm) at 1,400 rpm
Fuel Tank: 60 gal (227 L)
System: Two-stage gear pump, direct driven from power source; drives pull-down and rotary gear motors
Tank: 80 gal (303 L)
Filter: Hydraulic return oil filtration (10 micron)
Features: Large capacity hydraulic valves and hoses
- 750' (229 m) with 2.375' (60 mm) O.D. lightweight drill pipe or shot hole casing and fluid circulation
- 250' (76 m) with 4' (102 mm) diameter auger
Controls: Located at left rear of drill frame
Hole Loader: Cable drum with 250' (76.2 m) of 0.25' (6.4 mm) cable driven hydraulically, including mast-mounted cable pulley and weight
- Length - 16' (488 cm)
- Construction - 1.5' (38 mm) square, welded tubular steel with 3' (76 mm) channel rotary guide rails for use with 10' (305 cm) drill pipe
- Raise/Lower - Dual 3' (76 mm) hydraulic cylinder
- Raised Mast Lock - Single hydraulic cylinder
- Assembly - Heavy-duty top-head drive, hydraulically driven through 3' (76 mm) wide straight-tooth gears with 5.923:1 gear ratio
- Quill Opening - 1.5' (38 mm) with Carey modified 3-thread bottom box connection
- Features - Rotary quill with special breakout sleeve; assembly aligned in mast channels by special roller bearing-equipped guides
- Torque - Up to 700 ft-lbs (949 Nm) at 300 RPM
- Roller Chains - (2) continuous #80, 1' (25 mm) chains hydraulically actuated through Ramsey gearbox
- Pull-Up/Pull-Down - 6,000 lbs (2,722 kg); speed to 100; (30.5 m) per minute
- Features - Dual crown idler sprocket assemblies held by stress-proof shafts mounted in pillow blocks with adjusting bolts; heavy-duty turnbuckles for correct chain tension and rotary alignment
- Model - Centerline hydraulic driven model CLM 7.5' x 10' (191 x 254 mm); MSPA Mono
- Capacity - Continuous 150 GPM (567 lpm)
- Pressure - 0-200 psi (13.8 bar)
- Features - Pressure relief valves, surge chambers, necessary piping
- Pipe - Heavy-duty pipe storage rack located on right side of drill unit
- Headache - Located at front of drill frame, vertically adjustable
Caterpillar and Deutz engines are also available.
A variety of winch options are available to meet preferences.
The C1000 drill offers three mud pump options: Gardner Denver 4.5” x 5” (11.43 cm x 12.7 cm) reciprocating type mud pump; Gardner Denver 5” x 6” (12.7 cm x 15.2 cm) reciprocating type mud pump; Center Line hydraulic driven model CLM 7.5” x 10” (19.1 cm x 25.4 cm) MSPA mono capacity: continuous 150 gpm (1,567 lpm), 0-200 psi (13.8) bar
30 and 60 gallon fuel tanks are available for the K 4x4.
Three man open cab and a three man climate-controlled cab that are ROPS certified.
Automatic transmission is available on models with three-man, climate-controlled cabs.
Custom paint is available upon request.