Arjay - Model 2880-OWI - Probe Mounted Oil/Water Interface Transmitter
Reliable monitoring of oil/water interface and emulsions. The sensing probe continuously monitors the capacitance of the inserted probe. As the interface or emulsion layer (rag layer) crosses over the probe, a proportional 4-20 mA output is provided. Typical applications include oil water separators, oil/water knock-out tanks, treater trains and decanting tanks.
The 2880-OWI sensing probe monitors the capacitance field around the probe.
A calibration is performed against the an oil condition and a water condition. The active portion of the probe is fully submerged into the liquid and sized to your targeted range of interest. As the oil/water interface or emulsion crosses or envelopes the probe, the capacitance change is tracked and an output of 4-20 mA is provided.
Hazardous Location Use
Available Component Certifications may be suitable to your application. Consult Arjay for assistance.
- 2880 Electrical Safety UL, CSA, or IEC 61010
- Housing UL/FM/CSA
- Class 1, Group B,C,D;
- Class II, Group E,F,G
- Probe CSA Class 1, Group C,D
The electronics for this model can also be mounted remote from the probe. Refer to the Model 2852-OWI. The probe becomes Intrinsically Safe when ordered with an IS Barrier installed in 2852-OWI control panel: CSA Div 1, Class 1, Groups A,B,C,D.
- No moving parts
- Electronics is integral to the probe
- High corrosion resistant Teflon and stainless steel wetted parts
- Capacitance technology responds to all oil types
- HF capacitance technology does not foul or require routine cleaning
- Easy calibration and control set-up
- Remote monitor mounts safely away from the process
- Operating Temp. : -20˚C to +55˚C
- Resolution : .007% (.07 pF at 1,000 pF)
- Accuracy : .04% of full scale pF
- Power Input : 12 vdc or 24 vdc, 0.1 amp max.
- 100-240 vac +/- 10%
- Communication : RS-485 Modbus
- 2880-OWI 0/4-20 mA non-isolated output
- 2881-OWI : 0/4-20 mA isolated output
- 2882-OWI : 0/4-20 mA non-isolated output and 2 x 10amp@240 vac, SPDT, dry relays
Viewing window of % Level LCD
- Process Temp. -60°C to +260°C (Teflon probe)
- Pressure 103 bar/10342 kPA/1500psi
- at stable temperature
- CRN ABSA-CRN #OF07450.2
- Wetted Parts 316SS and Teflon
Probe materials are eligible for NACE MR-0175 Compliance