Arjay - Model 4100-CAP - Capacitance Monitor
From Capacitance Monitors
Continuous capacitance/dielectric monitoring of liquids and solids. This unique system provides complete flexibility for monitoring solids and liquids for concentration, moisture content, blending, and quality control.
The 4100-CAP sensing probe monitors the capacitance field around the probe within a shield, tank or pipe.
As the dielectric characteristics of a fluid or solid change, the resulting capacitance change is monitored and configured into a useable signal for process control and recording. A display is available in user configured engineering units.
Product dielectric changes in your application may not be strictly linear. Arjay has designed a 5-point calibration into the controller to enhance accuracy over an extended measurement range. This instrument is ideal for general monitoring and trending of process conditions.
- No moving parts
- Remote electronics via standard twisted pair
- All set-up, calibration and diagnostics are accessed at the control panel
- Multi-point calibration curve
- All control wiring and interface is done at the control panel
- HF capacitance technology does not require routine cleaning
- Touch screen interface for easy set-up and user interface
- Trend display of hour, day or month increments
- Unique capacitance approach eliminates routine cleaning
- Control and interface panel mounts safely away from the process
- Tank or pipe installation
- Operating Temp.: 0°C to +55°C
- Resolution: .007% (.07 pF at 1,000 pF)
- Accuracy: .04% of full scale pF
- Power Input: 24 vdc or 80-240 vac +/-10%, SP, 50-60 HZ
- Display: touch screen full colour channel view graphics, % and engineering units of flow trend line selectable hours, days or none
- Relay Outputs: up to four SPDT, 10 amp @ 240 vac, dry
- Enclosure: Type 4 metal painted blue / IP 66 optional Type 4X SS or polycarbonate
- Approvals to: UL / CSA / CE
- IEC 61010
- Process Temp.: -60°C to +260°C
- Ambient Temp.: -60°C to +55°C
- Pressure: 103 bar/10342 kPA/1500psi at stable temperature
- Process Connection: available threaded or flanged
- Explosion Proof: CSA Div 1, Class 1, Groups C,D
- Intrinsic Safety: Approved Intrinsically Safe when ordered with Approved Barrier in Control Unit
- CAN/CSA E60079-11:
- Class I, Groups A,B,C,D;
- Class II, Groups E,F,G;
- Class III, Encl.Type 4
- CRN: ABSA-CRN #OF07450.2
- Wetted Parts: 316SS and Teflon
Probe materials are eligible for NACE MR-0175 Compliance.