ASOMA - Model 682T-HP - Sulfur Analyzer
From X-Ray Transmittance
Using x-ray-transmission analysis techniques, the 682T-HP has been developed as a fast, sensitive and compact solution for on-line monitoring of the sulfur content in highly viscous hydrocarbons. The 682T-HP is not just a sulfur analyzer, but a fully integrated system. Process pressure, temperature and density can be continuously monitored, ensuring accurate measurements even as process conditions change.
The sample is irradiated with high-energy x-rays, which are absorbed by the sulfur atoms. A detector on the opposite side of the flowcell measures the x-rays that get through and that signal intensity is inversely proportional to the sulfur concentration.
Having minimal, if any, sample conditioning and recovery requirements, the 682T-HP provides an ideal solution for on-line monitoring of sulfur in the hydrocarbon processing industry.
FAST AND RELIABLE
The 682T-HP provides continuous, reliable detection of sulfur at working process pressures. It can operate as a stand-alone analyzer or can be tied in to plantwide automation systems to provide real-time strategic measurements.
Analyzer operation is regulated by an integrated processor that monitors instrument parameters such as process temperature, density and system diagnostics. It also provides a suite of alarms and a standard platform for communicating to a plantwide distribution control system (DCS).
With its rugged, time-proven proportional counter detector and x-ray tube source, the 682T-HP gives superb analytical precision, with a sulfur limit of detection of 200 ppm. Rapid update rates are provided as frequently as once every five seconds.
The 682T-HP is the high-temperature, high-pressure solution for the continuous analysis of sulfur in viscous hydrocarbons – Find out more.Features
- Large flowcell diameter reduces interferences
- Fully integrated densitometer
- Automatic density compensation
- Touchscreen controls with password-protection
- Normal Product: Crude oil, heavy hydrocarbons, bunker fuels
- Sulfur Concentration: 0.02 - 6%
- Pressure at flowcell: Up to 800 psi *
- Flow rate at cell: Up to 200 liters/ minute
- Temperature: 662ºF/350ºC *
- Density Gauge: Required (supplied by AMETEK or the customer)
- Ambient Temperatures: Minimum 15ºC, maximum 40ºC *
* Contact an AMETEK Representative for Special Requirements
- Standard: Stainless steel, NEMA 4X (IP-65), NEMA 7 Ex d
- Dimensions: Controller 36x30x12 inch minimum
- Purge: Type X for Class I, Division I, Groups A - D area classification, (ATEX Category 2) or Type Z for Class I, Division 2. Groups A - D area classification, (ATEX Category 3)
- Optional: Heating and Air Conditioning System
- Power: 115 or 230 VAC ± 10%, 50x60 Hertz, 80 W typical, 300 W max
- Class 1 DIV 2: External Touch Screen Interface, Power Switch, Valve Control Switch, Remote/ Local Control Switch, Capture Enable
- Class 1 DIV 1: Internal Touch Screen Interface, Power Switch, Valve Control Switch, Auto Start/Stop Switch, Capture Enable
- Standard Outputs: 4-20 mA for sulfur and density, dry contact for common alarm, enclosure safety alarm, data valid, in bounds signal, RS-485 serial data
- Optional Outputs: Profibus, Modbus, Ethernet
- Standard Inputs: Densitometer input, dry contact for analyzer stop/start, mode switching
- Technique: X-ray Transmission (XRT)
- Analysis Time: Nominally 100 seconds
- Typical One Sigma Precision: ±50 ppm @ 0.1 Wt% sulfur
- ± 30 ppm @ 3.2 Wt% sulfur (consult AMETEK for application)
- X-ray Source: X-ray tube
- X-ray Detector: High resolution gas filled proportional counter Leak Detection: Capacitive leak sensor