ATI’s JAFLINE is a synthetic, double-jacket fire hose that is available in white, blue, yellow, tan, green, red, and orange. JAFLINE’s polyurethane lining reduces weight and size, enabling more hose to be packed in the bed. The outside jacket is impregnated with a high-tech polymer, offering excellent resistance to moisture and abrasion. JAFLINE is available in lengths of 50 and 100 feet and can be coupled with NST, NPSH or other, special order couplings. Shorter lengths are available by special order.
- Jafline is a superior double jacket polyurcthanc-hncd highly durable and lightweight fire attack hose It meets or exceeds NFPA 1961 Fire Hose Standard, 2007 edition.
- Potable Water Standard NSF 61: The Jafline product contains material approved by the National Sanitation Foundation under Standard 61, 'Listed Drinking Water System Components-Health Effects. Potable Water Material'
- Jacket Construction: The warp and weft for the outer and inner jackets is virgin spun polyester yarn. Hose comprised of all-synthetic fibers is much lighter in weight and more flexible than cotton-synthetic hose; therefore, a greater amount can be stored in a given space. The outer jacket is thoroughly impregnated with a polymer compound to provide superior resistance to chemicals, abrasion and ultraviolet light. Compound is heat set at 275°F. The jackets must fit snugly inside one another under zero pressure or under proof and service test pressures.
- Lining: The thermoplastic lining shall be a single-ply extruded tube and shall be unaffected by ozone. The finished form shall be free of pits or other imperfections and shall have a smooth finish. No reclaimed material shall be used. Thickness of the liner shall be .015 to .018 for 1', 1 Vi*and 1 V* and . 022' to .025 for the 2 !4' hose. Shore hardness shall be 40 ± 5 durometer on the 'DM scale. The tensile strength of the liner shall not be less than 3000 psi, with a minimum elongation of 400%.
- Adhesion: The adhesion between the liner and the inside jacket is such that the rate of separation of a 1.5' wide strip cut transversely, shall not be greater than 1' per minute over a period of ten minutes, under a weight of 15 pounds.
- Accelerated Aging: Lining specimens subjected to an exposure of 158 ° +/- 3.6 °, for a duration of 96 hours shall be conditioned to ASTM D 573. and ASTM D4112, Standard Test Methods for Vulcanized Rubber and Thermoplastic Elastomers- Tension, Method A. Under evaluation, the tensile and elongation properties of the liner shall not be less than 75% of their initial values.
- Couplings: Expansion-type in either hardcoat anodized aluminum or brass, rocker lug are available. The anodize process creates a hard aluminum oxide coating which improves the abrasion, corrosion and electrolysis resistance of the completed fitting, while also preventing excessive wear on the male and female threads. Storz couplings are available by special order. All couplings meet NFPA 1963, Standard for Fire Hose Connections. 2009 edition.