ATTEX - Model MTP-5H - Self-Calibration Weather System
MTP-5H is the original member of the family. It makes measurements up to 1000 m above the instrument and gives the same performance in all weather conditions. It is compact and operates from 12 VDC (a bench-type AC-DC power supply unit is included). The rotating scanner assembly is protected by a special cover that has very good microwave transmission. The cover sheds precipitation and allows compensation for dirt during the self-calibration. A high accuracy ambient temperature sensor forms part of the self-calibration system. A mounting frame is included, and cables for the temperature sensor, power and RS 232 data communication to a PC (not included).
Typically temperature inversions that cause bad air quality events occur well below 1000 m, if they are higher than this there is not normally a problem.
Altitude resolution is 50 m and the temperature accuracy is 0.2° C to 1.2° C or better. The field of view is a 3° cone. The only routine maintenance is to periodically clean scanner cover. MTP-5H is ideal for use in urban environments and at airports and operates from -40° C to +50° C.
- Altitude range: 0 to 1000 m
- Displayed height interval: 50 m
- Altitude accuracy: ±25 %
- Minimum measurement interval: 180 s
- Temperature accuracy, RMS: 0.2° C to 1.2° C or better
- Central measurement frequency: 59.6 GHz
- Receiver sensitivity: 0.04° C
- Power requirements MTP-5: 12 VDC / 120 W
- Operating temperature range: -40° C to +50° C