Model APW-MES - Autonomous Suspended Solids Meter
The APW-MES use the principle of optical absorption of IR light and delivers a direct indication in g/l of the concentration of particles in suspension in all types of sludges up to 50 g/l. It measures the portion of infrared light transmitted through the sludge. Simple calibration in laboratory with a known concentration of a sludge sample (determinated by a laboratory analysis) is all what is required to perform these measurements. Suspended Solid concentration Range : 0-20 g/l (MES20) ; 0-50 g/l (MES50).
Powering up the device
- The sensor comes connected with the Control Box in its carrying case (PONVM2).
- Push the button On/Off (2).
- The sensor in the air, the value must be between 0 to 2 g/L.
- Remarques préalables :
- The device comes with the 0 calibration.
- During calibration, the potentiometer Amt (4) at the minimum.
- Clean the SS sensor, specially optics.
ZERO ADJUSTMENT :
- Dip the sensor into clean water
- Wait for the temperature stabilisation (about 10 sec./°C)
- Adjust the potentiometer « Z » (5) et amener la lecture à 0.00 (+/0.01).
- Dip the sensor into the solution,
- Read the value after value stabilisation.
If necessary, you can adjust the damping using the potentiometer ' Am t ' (4).
- Rinse after using.
- Clean the optics with a wetted sponge.
- Control and adjust the zero value with clean water
The LOBAT indicator on the display screen indicates that the battery could be change. Remove the transparent
cover, open the battery compartment (7) and replace the 9 V battery.
Observation : It is normal to read « LOBAT » on the display for a short time during the switching-off.
Control Box and connectors
Keep the connectors dry and clean and connected if possible.
A temperature up to 80°C could make the control box worse.
- Power supply : 1x 9V battery - 55 Hours lifetime
- Electronic box : Protection IP 65
- Dimensions : (h x w x d) : 161 x 81 x 55 mm Weight : 400 g
- Material : IP 65. reinforced polyester with hinged IP 67 transparent cover Display : 2000 pts LCD display, 3 ½ digit. 18 x 46 mm
- Operating temperatures: from – 10.0°C to +60°C
- Measured parameters : IR optical absorpsion (950nm) With automatic
- temperature compensation.
- Measuring range : 0 to 20 g/l for the APWMES-20 0 to 50 g/l for the APWMES-50
- Accuracy : 2% of displayed value +/- 1 digit
- Options : analog output Accessories: winding drum
- Process : IR optical absorpsion (950nm), pulsed emission (fréquency 10 Hz) and regulated
- Material : Delrin, Polyuréthane, and spécial glass, IP68
- Dimensions : Diameter 58 mm Length 210 mm
- Weight : 450 g
- Cable : 4 threads, coated shielded PU cable, 3 m standard length. (customized up to 100 m on request, 40 g / m).