Avalanche - Model 6700 Series - Water Sampler CDMA Cellular Modem
Teledyne ISCO 6712 and Avalanche® portable samplers are often deployed in locations that lack utility lines. This cellular modem provides wireless digital communication, reducing the need for costly trips to monitoring sites that are distant and/or difficult to get to, including rural watersheds as well as manholes in high-traffic urban arterials. It allows the sampler to transmit text message alarms to a text-enabled phone or pager, and to communicate with a modem-equipped PC for remote data retrieval and control.
The modem is compatible with user-subscribed CDMA digital cell phone service such as Verizon, and Telus (Canada). CDMA service is available throughout most of North America, and many other parts of the world.
- Text-message alarms to a text-enabled phone or pager.
- Remote control of sampler functions using a terminal program such as HyperTerminal®.
- No separate power required – the modem is powered directly from the sampler’s interrogation connection.
- Power management (via sampler programming) enables power-up during user-selected times to extend battery life.
- Package includes your choice of a magnetic-mount or potted bury-in-street antenna.
- Triggering sample collection remotely, on command.
- Transmitting alarms to notify that samples have been collected and are awaiting retrieval.
- Remote data retrieval using Teledyne ISCO Flowlink® software.
- Optional 40 watt solar power system. Will power 6712 sampler plus CDMA modem and other accessories indefinitely in most remote locations.
- Potted antenna in PVC housing, designed to be buried in street for manhole sampling/monitoring applications.
- Magnetic-mount antenna, for elevated placement to extend range and avoid signal obstruction, e.g., where modem is inside a metal enclosure or steel-framed building.
- Teledyne ISCO Flowlink software.
- Size (H x W x D): 4.5 x 7.5 x 4.0 inches (113 x 188 x 100 mm)
- Weight: 2 lbs (0.9 kg)
- Enclosure: NEMA 4X, 6 (IP67)
- Power: Provided by 6700 Series Sampler.
- Operating Temperature: 0° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
- Communication Speed: 9600 bps
- Alarm Method: Text message via TAP service
- Recommended Service: Verizon Express Network, or equivalent data-over-voice service. (NOTE: The customer is responsible for confirming that the selected service provides coverage where the modem will be deployed.)