AVC - Model SR-A1 - Rapper
The SR-A1 is our most universally applicable rapper. The HOPPER RAPPER consists of a Model SR-A1 rapper with a 6” square shock isolating mounting base. As shown in the photo below, the SR-A1 is also configured with a variety of mounts for use on Electro-Static Precipitators.
- The Model SR-A1 rapper is an electrically operated DC solenoid rapper.
- The Model SR-A1 rapper is a totally sealed unit that does not require any adjustment or routine maintenance.
- It may be mounted in any orientation.
- The strength and frequency of impact of the rapper is controlled by the application of 120V DC, 10A pulses from the rapper controller.
- The impacts imparted by the HOPPER RAPPER™ cause high peak accelerations in the connected plate surface.
- The rapid acceleration of the plate surface overcomes the adhesive force that binds many granular materials to the plate surface.
- At impact, slippage of the material occurs along the plate/material boundary. Energy is also transferred some distance into the adjacent material.
- This energy overcomes both the cohesiveness of the particles and the mechanical interlocking of irregular shaped particles, in effect, causing a more “flowable” material.
- The discrete, high accelerations caused by the HOPPER RAPPER™ are an advantage over the continuous but lower accelerations produced by electric or pneumatic vibrators.
- Low continuous accelerations of vibrators can lead to a situation not only where slippage along the plate surface may not occur, but it may compact the material to be dislodged.
- A.V.C Specialists can provide a variety of mounting hardware, and temperature isolators. Drawings and pricing is provided for the two most common items.
- The Model SR-A1 rappers are warranted for a period of three years from date of shipment on all mechanical components, exclusive of removal/reinstallation and freight charges.
- All electrical components are warranted for a period of 1 year from date of shipment exclusive of removal/reinstallation and freight charges.