Avery Weigh-Tronix - Weigh Legs Conveyor Scale Components and System
From Conveyor Scales
The Weigh Legs conveyor scale system provides in motion weighing for conventional conveyor sections. The modular system is designed to turn a conventional conveyor into an in-motion weighing system, adding functionality without adding additional space.
Bolt-on components provide static and in-motion weighing for conventional conveyor sections. Gain added functionality from the same physical footprint and save steps to increase productivity.
Weigh Legs can be installed on new systems or retrofitted to existing conveyors. Weigh Legs consists of modular components for custom system design.
- Weigh Leg Frame - The Weigh Leg frame is an integrated assembly, incorporating two supporting legs, two Weigh Bars, junction box and cabling. Available in mild steel or stainless steel.
- Installation - Bolt-on Weigh Leg frames replace existing conveyor legs. Junction boxes include prewired input and output cables for fast setup. Typically, two frames are required per conveyor. For static applications that require the use of two conveyor sections to create a longer weighing platform, a third frame is installed where the sections are joined together.
- Conveyor Sections - Avery Weigh-Tronix carries static conveyor sections and in-motion conveyor sections to build a complete conveyor system.
- Indicators - Avery Weigh-Tronix offers weight indicators matched to the operational requirements of different conveyor systems. Choose the WI-125 for static conveyors or the WI-127 or E1310 for inmotion conveyor applications. Indicators provide multiple options for printer/computer interface.
- Photo Eye Kit - Required for in-motion conveyors. Beam-breaking technology with one-shot logic module provides reliable detection of in-motion packages or materials. Includes interface for WI-127 or E1310 indicators.
Fully integrated conveyor weighing system
This industrial scale system is made up of the Weigh Leg frame, which incorporates the weight sensors, a weight indicator, a photo eye kit (necessary for in motion weighing) and conveyor sections.
When installed, the conveyor scale adds accurate and reliable weighing to new or existing production lines.
Suitable for a wide variety of applications
The conveyor scale is suitable for checkweighing, conventional weighing and weight accumulation operations.
Custom designed to fit your application requirements
Each system is custom designed for the specific application and available in either carbon or stainless steel, ensuring the scale fits perfectly into your operation.
Legal for trade
These conveyor scales are legal for trade, making them suitable for commercial applications where product is sold by weight.
Weigh Legs Frame
- Capacities - 250 lb, 500 lb and 1,000 lb. per Weigh Leg frame.
- Total scale capacity is double the individual frame rating.
- When selecting a capacity, the weight of the conveyor section must be factored in.
Physical dimensions -
- Widths - 24”, 28”, 30”, 34”, 36”, 40” and 42”
- Adjustable leg height - 23-5/8” to 35-5/8”
- Finish - Heat-fused powder paint provides a high level of corrosion protection.
Static Conveyor Sections
- Sizes - 24”, 28”, 30”, 34”, 36”, 40” and 42” widths; 5’ or 10’ lengths
- Rollers - Placed on 3” centers for even load support and “set high” for unobstructed conveyance. 1.9” diameter, 16 ga. mild steel.
Load Rating -
- 5’ length - up to 600 lbs per foot,
- 10’ length - up to 135 lbs per foot
- Weighing Accuracy - 0.1% for static conveyors (applied load)
In-Motion Conveyor Sections
- Sizes - Available in 24” and 30” belt widths; 6’ and 11’ lengths
- Speeds - Range of fixed speeds from 65 to 130 FPM. Variable speed tops also available with speeds up to 220 FPM.
- Load rating - Up to 75 lbs per foot, 200 lb maximum in-motion weighing capacity.
- Motor - For 65 FPM - 1/2 HP, 230/460 VAC, 3 PH, 60 Hz
- Construction - Nitrile impregnated belt with one side brushed, formed 12 ga. steel slider bed, 4” depth, powder painted finish.
- Weighing Accuracy - In-motion accuracy is dependent upon conveyor speed, package spacing, etc. Consult factory