AWC Engineering - Model GXT2160 - Twin Shaft Shredder
From Twin Shaft Shredders
The GXT2160 is a versatile, heavy duty, dual electric motor driven, twin shaft shredding machine, available with various power and shaft speed configurations to handle a wide range of applications such as: Production Waste. Packaging Materials. Plastics — Drums, Bottles, Crates, Profiles etc. Medical Waste. Paper & Card — Confidential Documents, Newspapers. Metals — Tins, Copper Cable, UBC's. Textiles — Rags, Garments.
The product size is controlled by the width of the shredding blades, number of hooks, and hook profile. Various different configurations are available to suit virtually all applications.
The GXT2160 is usually supplied complete with loading hopper, support frame and stand alone electrical control panel housing the electrical switchgear and Siemens PLC controller. Auto-reverse and overload protection are standard features of the GXT series machines. The PLC settings can easily be configured on site during commissioning to suit the type of materials being processed. Auxiliary equipment such as conveyors, separators, and force feeding devices are available on request.
- MODEL : GXT2160
- A (mm) : 2,560
- B (mm) : 1,060
- C (mm) : 600
- D (mm) : 480
- H (mm) : 1,850
- Blade Diameter (mm) : 284
- Shaft Speed (rpm) : 15
- No. of Blades (As standard) : 30
- Blade Width ( As standard — mm) : 20
- Standard Power (kW) (Approx. HP) : 2 x 5.5 (15)
- Machine Weight (Approx. kg) : 2,400
- GXT Series Shredders are supplied with 5-70mm wide blades according to the application.
- Multiple hook configurations are available.
- Shaft speeds can be adjusted to suit the application.