AZU - Model Storm S - Light Liquid Separator
STORM S is a light liquid separator (e.g. petrol, diesel) used to treat run-off water and to reduce pollutant concentration in the effluent. Water coming from paved surfaces, warehouses, parking place, garages, car washes and gas stations usually contains lubricants, mineral oils, light liquids as fuels that must be removed before the drainage into public sewer, receiving waterbody or onto ground.
The plant is equipped with a settling zone for sand (appointed as sand sludge trap) and a light liquid separation area with coalescence filter. A safety filter and an automatic shutter protect the outlet pipe.
- The stormwater treatment plant STORM S is a light liquids separator for rain water coming from paved surfaces as parking lots, mechanical workshops, gas stations, warehouses etc. which can contain light liquids such as mineral oils, hydrocarbons, fuel (petrol or diesel).
- Plant is made by a prefabricated concrete tank.
- Nominal size (NS) is the main dimensional parameter according to European standard EN 858-1 and EN 858-2.
- It corresponds to the maximum flow rate in standard conditions (defined by the regulations).
- Plant is divided in several areas.
- The first area is the sludge trap able to allow the sedimentation of sand and soil, in order to prevent the filter clogging.
- The second area is the separation zone: water passes through a coalescing filter pack that improves efficiency.
- The plastic lamellar pack is a specific product for light liquids separation, installed in order to ensure the passage of oil drops, mixed in wastewater, in flow direction necessary to prevent the ascent of the droplets non correctly joined together that can cause disorders on phenomenon of coalescence.
- The bottom of the separation zone has a slope designed to collect the residual sands.
- The last area is the outlet and the oil collection zone.
- Light liquids are stored on the water surface: the volume is designed according en EN 858-1.
- To guarantee the effluent quality, the system is equipped with an emergency protection filter in plastic to avoid oil dragging with the outgoing water.
- The automatic shutter close the outlet pipe when the oil storage volume is full. The emergency closure is automatic with a floater heavier than oil.
- The separator needs a by-pass system working for the flow rates that exceed the maximum and for emergency and for emergency closures (available on request).
- The system treats only run-off water, domestic wastewater are not admitted (neither black nor grey water).
- The light liquids separator STORM S is a mono-bloc (single unit) reinforced concrete tank for underground and aboveground (available on request) installation.
- Available for vehicle access (light or heavy), with concrete, stainless steel or cast iron manhole cover (available on request).
- Three category available: B125, C250 or D400.
- STORM S line is available from NS 2 up to 120; the oil and light liquids storage volume range from 52 up to 2,800 litres.