BAB - Air Monitoring Beacon
From Radiation Equipment
The BAB air monitoring beacon is used in nuclear facilities for a continuous surveillance of α & β artificial radioactive aerosols concentration with radon progenies and ambient gamma radiation.
- The BAB-A7 version was conceived for stationary or mobile use, for work station monitoring in dismantling work sites or during maintenance operations, where man-made noise immunity is highly recommended.
- BAB-E is a stationary version for outside use, for example for surveillance around nuclear facilities or for national monitoring.
- Radiation type: α and β
- Detector type: large area dual silicon diode, 2 x 360 mm²
- Energy range: α: 2 to 10 MeV – β: 80 keV to 2 MeV,
- β measuring range: From 10-2 to 10+4 Bq/m3
- α measuring range: From 10-3 to 10+4 Bq/m3
- Compensation: Automatic ambient gamma background compensation
- Alarms: acoustic & optic signals
- Display: Large dimension LCD screen
- Memorization: 92h for graphs and 21 days for measurements
- Communication: 2 x RS485, RJ45, ShortLINK or SkyLINK (radio)
- Compliance with CEM norms: EMI emission: EN 61000-6-4, EMI immunity: EN 61000-4-3, Level 3
- Variant: Internal shielding for high gamma background
- Options: External gamma probe