Badger Meter E-Series - Submersible Cold Water Stainless Steel Ultrasonic Flow Meter
The electronic Badger Meter E-Series meter utilizes ultrasonic and solid-state technology in a compact, totally encapsulated, weatherproof, and UV-resistant housing for residential and commercial applications.
Electronic metering provides information and data not typically available through traditional, mechanical meters and registers, such as rate of flow and reverse flow indication, and eliminates measurement errors due to sand, suspended particles and pressure fluctuations.
- Four sizes and lay lengthes
- Completely submersible IP68
- Minimum extended low-flow rate lower than typical positive displacement meters.
- Simplified one-piece electronic meter and register that are integral to the meter body and virtually maintenance free.
- Sealed, non-removable, tamper-protected meter and register.
- Easy-to-read 9-digit LCD display – presents consumption rate of flow, reverse-flow indication, and alarms.
- Digital or industry standard encoder protocol.
- OIML approved
- ANSI/NSF standard 61 certified, Annex G
- ANSI/AWWA standard C700
- Medium: Water
- Flow range: from 0.4 to 95 l/min
- Temperature: from 1 to 60 °C
- Pressure: from 0 to 12 bar
- Branch: Water & waste water industry, Chemical industry
Ultrasonic signals are alternately sent in and against the flow direction. Ultrasonic energy bursts are transmitted and received via well-defined paths across the flow stream. The velocity of the flow is accurately measured by the difference in the arrival times of signals from the upstream and downstream transducers. The transit time difference (Δt = t 2/1 – t 1/2) determines the average flow velocity.