Barite Weighting Material
BARITE is a high-grade barium sulfate specially processed use as a drilling fluid weighting additive. BARITE meets the API Specification 13A, Section 2 requirement for a drilling fluid.
Primarily for mud rotary drilling, barite increases mud density while maintaining low solids to help control formation pressures.
- High specific gravity; raises drilling fluid density with minimum solids
- Controls formation pressure, stabilizes the borehole
- Cost-effective, non-toxic, and chemically inert
- Specific Gravity: 4.2 (minimum)
- Moisture Content: Less than 1%
- Bulk Density: 150 lbs/ft3
- Mineral Content: 94% barium sulfate
Add BARITE through high shear mixer or jet hopper so that entire circulating volume is at uniform weight. To control artesian flow at surface, keep the hole full at all times with weighted mud. Starting with 100 gallons of mud at a weight of 9 lbs/gal, 134 lbs of BARITE will raise the weight to 10 lbs/gal and increase the volume to 104 gallons.
- 100 lb (45 kg) bag, 40 per pallet. All pallets are plastic-wrapped.