BBJ - Power Coil Clean
Keeping HVAC coils clean is part of any standard HVAC maintenance program and BBJ POWER COIL CLEAN with Enviro-Gard is a fast and safe evaporator pH balanced coil cleaner that cleans and protects coils during cleaning. It quickly cleans cooling coils that trap dust, soil, grime and other troublesome deposits that reduce the heat transfer efficiency of HVAC units.
BBJ Evaporator Coil Cleaner is:
- pH balanced. Won’t corrode coils or metal surfaces
- Includes Enviro-Gard to protect HVAC coils during cleaning
- Removes buildup of dirt, grime and other deposits.
Additional Product Information:
Power Coil Clean, with its special pH balanced patented formula, removes the most stubborn soils and deposits from evaporator and condenser cooling coils. It effectively cleans and deodorizes evaporator coils, heating coils, condenser coils, window units, air filters, blowers, and other dirty HVAC components. With its special fast, penetrating action Power Coil Clean gets to hard to reach places by cutting through the toughest dirt, grease, and grime. Power Coil Clean includes patented Enviro-Gard that protects coils while cleaning. It allows Power coil Clean to clean like an acid but without the harmful effects of acid. Although it leaves coils clean and shiny, BBJ evaporator coil cleaner will not etch, pit or corrode metal. Some acid cleaners can etch the metal surfaces causing water blow off on the evaporator coil, which in turn can cause microbial contamination downstream. Power Coil Clean is safe and non-corrosive on all metals, including aluminum, copper and iron. Power Coil Clean also will not stain or bleach materials or fabrics.
Many acid and alkaline cleaners on the market today, clean by causing a chemical reaction between the cleaner and the metal that destroys the surface of the metal. This type of chemical reaction damages coils causing system inefficiency and failure. Tests have shown that up to 90 percent of the weight of aluminum coil stock is lost by soaking in these types of cleaners for only four hours. Power Coil Clean has the same powerful cleaning action, but without damaging effects of these cleaners.
Increase System Efficiency
Power Coil Clean removes dirt and other troublesome deposits that accumulate on cooling coils. This buildup causes reduced system efficiency as it interferes with the heat transfer process of HVAC units. Removal of built-up dirt and grime from cooling coils with Power Coil Clean improves system efficiency, reduces electricity consumption, and increases system life. Many HVAC/R systems fail because of dirty coils or coils damaged by harsh cleaning compounds. It also preserves the factory finish to minimize the possibility of water carry-over that can lead to microbial contamination in ductwork.
Easy to Use
To maintain HVAC systems at top-peak performance, visually inspect cooling coils every three months. Upon inspection, if coils appear dirty they should be cleaned immediately, but not less than once a year.
Works with BBJ MicroBiocide
Power Coil Clean is specially formulated to work with EPA registered BBJ Mold Control for HVAC and Maintain C-1 for HVAC. They are the only antimicrobial mold control products on the market specifically designed for use in the entire HVAC system. It effectively controls microbial growth in HVAC systems without causing harm to the system. BBJ Mold Control for HVAC and Maintain C-1 for HVAC controls bacterial and algal growth in industrial, commercial and residential HVAC systems, and removes slime deposits in drain lines.
BBJ Power Coil Clean come in a few packaging configurations.
- 1 Gallon - 520-04
- 5 Gallon Pails - Part Number 525-01
- 55 Gallon Drum - Part Number 523-01
- Safe for all metals, including aluminum
- Contains BBJ Enviro-Gard
- Non-Caustic, Non- Corrosive
- Safe disposal
- No special equipment needed
- Comes in a highly concentrated form
- No need to evacuate premises
- Will not etch metal. Some acid coil cleaners can etch the metal surfaces causing water blow off on the evaporator coil, which in turn can cause microbial contamination downstream.
- Regulates the proven cleaning power of ammonium bifluoride without generating harmful biproducts.
- May be used on both indoor evaporator coils and outdoor condenser coils.
- Environmentally friendly. No special handling of used containers after rinsing.
- Saves money on costly equipment. May be used with just a pump-up sprayer.
- Reduces the costs of shipping and storage. Can be mixed in a wide range of different strengths.
- No harsh odors. Allows for the use of the product during normal business hours.