The Single Incubator Benchtop Kit, designed for microbiological water monitoring via detection of indicator organisms for E. coli, cholera, salmonella and other faecal water borne pathogens, is the most popular water testing system in the developing world. The Benchtop Kit, for use where the power supply is regular and constant, comes with an AC adaptor and no internal battery. A survey of DelAgua's customers has shown that many organisations now site the kit in one location and bring water samples back from the field for analysis. These groups always use the mains electricity supply to power the incubator and derive no benefit from the presence of the battery. In order to address the analytical needs of these customers, we redesigned the kit to produce a model that operates directly from the main's electricity supply, yet has the flexibility to be connected to a battery and to be used in the field. It comes in a Pelican Case for easy of carrying and durability.
A survey of DelAgua's customers has shown that many organisations now site the kit in one location and bring water samples back from the field for analysis. These groups always use the mains electricity supply to power the incubator and derive no benefit from the presence of the battery. In order to address the analytical needs of these customers, we redesigned the kit to produce a model that operates directly from the main's electricity supply, yet has the flexibility to be connected to a battery and to be used in the field. It comes in a Pelican Case for easy of carrying and durability.
The kit can also be supplied with a range of accessories and upgrades that will increase the scope of your water quality monitoring. Each kit is also provided with a complete pack of consumables for 200 plates and a range of spares and replacement parts are available for all equipment and apparatus.
You will need the following items to start testing:
- Pressure cooker or portable steriliser or access to an autoclave e.g. in a hospital
- Methanol (approx 1 ml per test)
- Distilled water
- 1 litre measuring cylinder or beaker
- Clean cloths
The kit will perform the following tests:
Thermotolerant (faecal) Coliform Count: Thermotolerant (faecal) Coliform counts can be obtained within 14 to 18 hours of sampling giving a reliable indication of sanitary risk.
Turbidity Test: A measure of the amount of suspended matter in a water supply. Suspended material may consume chlorine disinfectants and require treatment before disinfection.
Chlorine & pH Test: Many emergency water supplies are dosed with chlorine disinfectant to ensure their safety as drinking water. These tests allow rapid assessment of chlorine levels and aid the efficient control of dosing thereby ensuring that enough chlorine is present to safeguard the supply.
Other Tests: A conductivity meter is provided as an optional component of the kit. Conductivity provides an indication of contamination e.g. saline intrusion or sewage pollution. Additional equipment can be included on request to test for chemicals that may be of local importance.
- Lightweight Incubator with Pelican Case
- Chlorine/pH Mini Tester
- AC Adapter for Lightweight Kit
- Bronze Disc x 2
- O-ring x 2
- Silicone Rings x 2
- Vacuum Pump & Cup
- Filter Funnel
- Aluminium Gasket
- Battery Charger
- Sample Cup
- External Battery Power Lead
- 3 sets of 16 re-useable aluminium petri-dishes with strapped housing
- Recalibration Incubator Lid
- Incubator Lid without hole
- Digital Timer
- Sterile Pasteur Pipettes (3ml) for easy transfer of media x 10
- Polypropylene bottles x 10
- Methanol Dispenser
- Handheld Magnifier
- Lubrication Grease
- Spirit thermometer (-10 to +50°C)
- Trimmer Tool
- 2-part turbidity tube to measure 5 to 2000 NTU
- Instruction manual in English (Other languages available, please ask)
- Instructional CD Rom
- Consumables for 200 Plates Including:
- Membrane Filters and Pads x 200
- Pad Dispenser
- Culture Medium 38.1g
- DPD No.1 Tablets x 250
- DPD No.3 Tablets x 250
- PhenolRed Tablets x 250
- Dimensions: 34.4 x 14.6 x 29.7cm
- Kit Weight: 6kg
- Test Capacity: 16
- Membrane Filter Size: 47mm / 0.45µm pore size
- Power Source: 110V and 240 V (will operate using both)
- Designed to carry out six basic tests to measure the quality of drinking water - microbiological quality, turbidity, free chlorine, total chlorine, pH and temperature
- 44°C incubator chamber for analysis of faecal coliforms
- Modified electronics inside allows it to be powered by connection to an external battery or to a cigarette lighter socket. The kit can still be taken into the field if needed.
- No battery maintenance required during storage means that kits can be stock-piled for rapid deploymen
- Membrane filtration unit using 47mm 0.45μm pore size membrane filters
Designed to run on mains power, this kit offers all the testing capability of the single DelAgua kit. Perfect for field laboratories.